iPhone 4 with SKYPE app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by foggydogg, Jul 26, 2010.

1. foggydogg macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. I am been reading mac rumors for a while now, but needed some help so I just registered. This is my problem with SKYPE app.
    First of all I downloaded it without any problems, but of course it isn't free for calls going outside the US. When my girlfriend calls from the philippines, (her calls are free) I hear the ring, then answer but i cannot hear her. I keep getting dropped SKYPE calls, but she can hear my voice clear as a bell. I even tried driving to a better reception area with out any better results.
    Since SKYPE wants me to buy credits, would that be why I am not hearing her?
    That doesn't right to me, but I am constantly a little bit behind the technology
    race. If anyone can give me some ideas as to overcome this problem I would appreciate it. Calling cards are a ripoff, and so SKYPE seemed like my best bet.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    PS, just before the calls are dropped, it says that my download speed is slow, and that i might have bad calls.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Delete the app. Download in iTunes, then sync to your iPhone.

3. outz macrumors 6502

I'm guessing she's also calling you via skype? So it's a skype2skype call? If so, is she calling you from her home? Laptop etc?

4. foggydogg thread starter macrumors newbie

iphone 4 with skype app

my girlfriend has the iphone 3GS. so it should be a seamless skype to skype call. I will try doing what jav6454 recommended and down load it in to itunes first then sync with my phone. thx

5. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Im not really sure what the problem with Skype could be, I have used it I. The pass just fine, maybe you could try to unistalling the app and deleting it from your iTunes, then try to start all over again...

Just another idea could be if she gets an app for her pc/Mac called whistle phone (http://www.whistlephone.com/ ) it will allow her to call you from her pc/Mac and even an iPhone if she has one for free, I have some family over seas and I have been able to use it in the pass, it works very well...

6. Badfoot macrumors 6502

"Driving to a new location.." are you accessing it via 3g?, I've found WiFi access at both ends give the best call quality.