iPhone 4S/5, whatever, but what comes next, when?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bordway, Oct 2, 2011.

1. bordway macrumors member

Just curious to see what people think of what comes after this phone. And does Apple go back to releasing in the summer time to give all those that upgraded to the i4 something to upgrade to? Or do they care now more about the VZ customers and release it closer to 2 years after they got the i4?

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

3. bordway thread starter macrumors member

No one, that's why I asked what people think.

4. applefan289 macrumors 68000

You're the 1000th person that has asked what people think about something we don't know about.

5. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

You're the 1000th person to drop into an innocent thread and waste everyone's time with your useless negativity. If you don't give a **** about the thread, don't click on it, and definitely don't post a reply! I'm sick of all the BS people are slinging around here, like someone victimized them by forcing them onto the iPhone forums on MacRumors today.

I think it depends a lot on what we see Tuesday. If there's no redesign/larger screen, expect it in 2012, probably summer.

6. applefan289, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

applefan289 macrumors 68000

I actually totally agree with you. I'm wasting time and eating ****. I say the same thing you're saying to other people who give sarcastic trolling remarks about my thread: "don't click or post". The people who give me sarcastic remarks for threads I create are trolls, but they get around the system because what they're saying may be *technically* true. For example, if someone makes a sarcastic remark and says that there's already a thread and to use the search feature, they are technically correct, but they add a sarcastic trolly vibe to it. It's really annoying.

But my comments are not meant to be serious, unlike the other sarcastic comments I was mentioning. I like to joke around, and most of my posts are on (or try to be on) the funny side.

7. Nevadadrifter macrumors newbie

Look at the OP's join date, it's within the past 2 days! Give the guy a break!

Yes, there's a lot of repetitive threads about the same subject, but that's bound to happen as we get nearer to a new release.

How about we, as a community, make a little bit more of an effort to make the new members feel welcome here, and try not to give the impression that you'll get your head bit off for asking what some may consider a stupid question?

8. bordway thread starter macrumors member

If people could only post on what they knew about with regards to upcoming Apple products, would this board even exist? Just don't reply if it angers you, no big deal.

That's a good thought, I'm personally hoping for an upgraded i4 out of selfish reasons... I'm not due for an upgrade for a while.

But the i4 seems like it's still a badass phone and up to par with the market still (despite screen size maybe). I could imagine them just upgrading some specs just to get more out of this design because it can't be as financially rewarding to constantly outdate your old products. Seems like you would want to ride it out. The i3 design was out for a few years before they went all new design with the i4 so it doesn't make tons of sense to ditch such a great design 16 months after it was released.

9. shadrap macrumors 6502

I believe they will rotate iPad in the Spring and iPhone in the Fall.

10. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

I think this is correct, they need to keep the devices apart to maximise sales :)

11. bordway thread starter macrumors member

Makes sense to split the two products, but why would they split it that way? I would assume if we only see a new i4 they will release the 5 next summer to pick up all those phones from contracts that are up for renewal for AT&T. It seems to me with all these cases and rumors being leaked that an i5 is in the works somewhere.

They are talking about the next phone having better voice control. Is this an iOS5 thing or a new phone thing? Seems like it could be accomplished with existing hardware (a mic) and processed with software so it seems to me like it should be an iOS5 thing not just a new hardware thing.

12. Speedyparker87 macrumors member

If they only release the iPhone 4S (without an iPhone 5), I think it's an indication they will likely go back to the summer release. Why not just call it the iPhone 5? To indicate a minor upgrade. If they release it as a whole new model and the next new redesigned phone comes out only 7 months later some people may be more angry.