Iphone 4s and IOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Bona64, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Bona64 macrumors newbie

Hi

I was hoping to get some feedback on how Iphone 4s users are handling IOS 7? I have read a number of articles saying it is quite laggy and has a number of bugs (however 7.0.3 may solve some of these I am not %100 sure) I see there are a couple of ways to make it run smoother with turning off background animation ect. I have a 32g 4s and want to know if it's worth updating and if I do will my phone handle the IOS which from what I can see is more suited to 5 and 5s??

Thanks in advance

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

The 4s is fine with iOS 7. And now, with 7.0.3 I can disable that nauseating zoom.

3. Bona64 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does it drain the battery as much as it appears to be doing to the 5 and 5s?

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Yes. I notice a drain. Much more so than iOS6

5. William19986 macrumors newbie

I noticed that sometimes in multitask,I wanted to switch to another app,but the app's zoom in animation has lag.In messages app,when I tap the compose icon,the animations lags too.
    Any way to fix them ?

6. iRoRo macrumors regular

iRoRo

Battery drain is more in iOS7 granted but, with some of the bells and whistles disabled I find it improves slightly, albeit not as good as iOS 6, thereagain my battery is aging too even after regular monthly calibrations.

I've stuck with iOS 7.03 for now, as I simply don't use face-time and the iOS 7.04 was primarily for a face-time bugfix which seemed to have introduced other bugs from other posts on the forum. I'm not willing to risk the functionality of other iOS 7.03 apple apps for the sake of something I don't use.

A more in-depth technical bugfix list from apple would be appreciated for those who take an interest, as it stands it all seems very vague to me.

I do miss the Music Player not functioning properly since the introduction of iOS 7 but, that's from my experience, album art not displaying properly and the resume playing bug when the iPhone is in locked mode.

Hope this helps from my experience.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

iPhone 5 had the worst performing battery, regardless of iOS version.
    I own two 5S phones, they yield almost 48 hours between charges.

8. sammy-boy macrumors regular

I've had a 4S from secondhand - it came with iOS 7 already installed when I got it. I've not noticed any noticeable lag on anything really, still very quick - quicker than some better specc'ed Android devices I've owned in fact!

The battery does seem to drain fairly quick though, again not sure if this is because the battery in my 4S is probably getting on for 2 years old or if iOS7 is responsible, even if just in part. I might try turning a few animations off and see if it makes any difference.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Have you taken into account that many 4S out there have had their batteries used? This is a ~2 year period since it came out.

10. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

I just turned off that zoom - don't like it. I like the zoominess (sp) of iOS7.

To the OP: iOS7.0.4 on my device runs just fine. iPhone 4s.

11. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

12. iRoRo macrumors regular

iRoRo

13. Hyper-X macrumors 6502a

I've experienced something I can't explain completely. For example I had two brand new iPhone 5S' (both on different carriers) perform quite differently for battery times.

When both were set to WiFi Only, they had about the same battery times. However as soon as I re-enabled cellular, the battery times varied significantly where one had 3 more hours left than the other.

Both phones only had the default apps, no FB or anything. One carrier uses CDMA, the other GSM. I'm beginning to think that each carrier does something different and significantly impacts respective battery times. I work at one of the higher elevation areas where there's a known cellular hub where multiple carriers place their antennas, so signal strength was strong for either phone.

14. Oz. macrumors regular

Oz.