Iphone 4S arrived but...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illidan155, Oct 28, 2011.

1. illidan155 macrumors member

Hello guys

i have received today my iphone but there is a problem
    i have received 2 of them for error one 64 gb black and mine white hmm
    tey send it for error for sure should i return it like a good guy :p or? :V

2. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

I'd go for the karma points. They could always come in handy.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Were the iPhone's in the same box. I would call Apple as they may have charged you for the extra phone.

4. illidan155, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

illidan155 thread starter macrumors member

no actually there was 2 package with the same track number but 2 different recipe inside one mine one of another person

and it don't come from apple but from my operator

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Keep it unopened for one month, if you hear nothing from the operator then keep or sell it. Screw Karma, it doesnt exist! It's just a silly invention to try and make us all be good and considerate.... If they were dumb enough to send two, it's their loss! Right?
    OR, just send it back and then you can wonder for the next year if you would ever have been discovered....

6. illidan155 thread starter macrumors member

LOL i will see ill keep it unit monday and decide :)

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What's to to decide, you got something you didn't pay for. The honest thing would be to return it.

8. Brett0712 macrumors member

I agree... Also, the owner of that phone is probably missing it. Imagine if it were the other way around...

9. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

OP, call Apple as return it.

They will find out and will charge you for it.

10. illidan155 thread starter macrumors member

Yea well i din't say that i will keep it anyway until monday i dont have time to bring it back so they have made an error now they will wait

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I will bet you, in the end, you WILL be charged for both:p

12. mstrze macrumors 68000

Agreed. The other person will be looking for his and Apple will track down the error.

But this is a no-brainer. You really should send it back or at least contact them regardless of consequences. It's the right thing to do.

13. Pravius macrumors regular

Do you guys think that if Apple billed us twice for one phone they would be as considerate as to refund the money if we didnt notice?? I didn't think so either.
    Sending it back is the "right" thing to do, but they would not do it for you.

14. mikepro macrumors 6502

Are you in the US? If so, then legally that item is yours. It was a gift. Why give it back to the huge cell phone company that charges you an arm and a leg?

Karma. :rolleyes: Well, if you believe in that tripe, perhaps this is Karma paying you back for something in a previous life? Why question the universe, just enjoy your free phone!

Here is the law:
    If you ever receive an unordered item, you may feel obligated to pay for it or return it. Don't. If you didn't order it, and it isn't being sent as part of a negative option or club plan, you can keep it for free. If you are billed for merchandise you did not order, advise the company that unless it can demonstrate you ordered it, you will treat it as a gift. If you have any questions about unordered merchandise, the FTC website offers details at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/products/pro15.shtm

15. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Actually, my payment for my MacBook Pro came out twice; I got a call the next day and it was refunded back to my account

16. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

Go deliver it to the person it was intended for and tell them the whole story of what happened. If that were my phone and you showed up with it I would buy you lunch and compensate you considerately. Money is not really an object to me, principals and morals are so often understated and overlooked. Do the right thing.

17. goofy1958 macrumors regular

Wow, the responses on this thread are really amazing. :eek: It's no wonder we have problems in this country with your attitude of keeping something that doesn't belong to you. Didn't your parents teach you kids any better than that? The other person's phone he received is not his, and that person is probably wondering why it says it was delivered, and yet he/she has no phone. The ONLY right way to handle it is to return the phone. I don't care if the law says he can keep it, it isn't the RIGHT thing to do. Oh and according to the website provided, this guidance was given:

Q. What should I do if the unordered merchandise I received was the result of an honest shipping error?

A. Write the seller and offer to return the merchandise, provided the seller pays for postage and handling. Give the seller a specific and reasonable amount of time (say 30 days) to pick up the merchandise or arrange to have it returned at no expense to you. Tell the seller that you reserve the right to keep the merchandise or dispose of it after the specified time has passed.

18. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Please, for the love of anything good on this earth, PLEASE tell me neither of you or parents :confused:

Are you both the types that walk through supermarkets, crack open a soda you didn't buy while shopping, and throw the bottle away unpaid for? Maybe even open a bag of chips, eat a few and shove the bag somewhere also unpaid for? Maybe walk into a department store needing pens or razors and place it in your pocket? Screw the corporation right? They are rich, they don't need my money, it's a write off :mad: No matter how big, small, cheap, or expensive, being in possession of goods that were not paid for is STEALING. If you don't do it for Karma, do it for morality, and whatever you do, stop justifying it to yourself as it being anything other than stealing.

If you didn't buy it, it isn't yours.

People think it is the returns and exchanges that make prices increase, that's not the case, they could fix those and sell them again....it's THIEVES that think they are entitled to things that aren't theres because the corporation makes millions. All I could say is, thank God not everybody thinks this way :rolleyes:

19. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

And here's the law:

Q. What should I do if the unordered merchandise I received was the result of an honest shipping error?

A. Write the seller and offer to return the merchandise, provided the seller pays for postage and handling. Give the seller a specific and reasonable amount of time (say 30 days) to pick up the merchandise or arrange to have it returned at no expense to you. Tell the seller that you reserve the right to keep the merchandise or dispose of it after the specified time has passed.

20. illidan155 thread starter macrumors member

i never said that i will keep it i just sayed that i was attempted by the idea to keep it i think the same things about the money as long i have money to live my life i dont need more

i live a bit far away from his home and i don't have time i work all the day i will ship it back to my operator and they will take care of it

21. Lukus macrumors member

Whatever you do, don't post about it on a public foru...

Oh, wait...

22. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

You're getting thieving confused with receiving goods by external error. All of your analogies are void.

The $82bn company can live $700 down. If they don't contact you and provide you with reasonable method of returning the goods that isn't at your expense then keep it. If it clearly is addressed to someone else though, then I would seek them out and give it them.

23. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Is it my impression that failure to follow FTC guidelines could lead the situation into theft.

24. nexsta macrumors 6502

I would think this way: karma got you two iPhones, keep them or give it to someone as a present. No-one is going to get harmed by this, believe me, apple has enough money and doesn't care :)