iPhone 4S Availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teamjaycub, Oct 22, 2011.

1. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

Hi

I am currently not a Sprint Customer.
    I currently am 22 months into my 24 month contract of another carrier(AT&T) .
    I am interested in getting an iPhone 4S with Sprint.

First question: I know it varies store to store, but are there iPhone 4S available in stores? I thought I heard something about they have a set amount for new customers only?
    Second question: Say I did sign up with Sprint today, and got a new phone, would Sprint cancel my service with my other carrier? I would then be billed an ETA from the other carrier?

Thanks

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Don't do it. iPhone 4S on AT&T is where it's at... :apple:

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If you port your number from Sprint, then your AT&T account will terminate and you will get your final bill + any early termination fees. If you sign up with Sprint with a new number, nothing happens to your AT&T account. You'd have to cancel it yourself.

4. teamjaycub, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

teamjaycub thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, unfortunately, they are going to charge me extra to upgrade because I forgot to pay my bill 3 times over the course of two years. ( I payed it the next day). All times were only a few days late.

----------

Thanks.

Anyone know anything about how available the iPhone 4S is for new customers in store?

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Varies from store to store, and depends on which version (16/32/64, black/white). Generally they're in short supply, and if you want a specific size/color combo you may need to wait.

They will ship the phone to you, though. What I would suggest is that you go in and arrange to open a new account, have them ship the phone to you. It will get there "whenever" (2-3 weeks probably). Then after you get the phone, initiate the phone number port.

6. Theophany macrumors 6502a

Theophany

I wouldn't hold out on ordering from the store... Ordered mine on the 12th and it's still listed as 'processing' despite the fact that the estimated delivery date was Friday.

These things really are in short supply ;)