Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
That's true.

For the second year in a row, Apple ships a phone with a major defect. It's quite discouraging. The situation reveals Apples continuing downward slide in quality. A defect this bad should have been caught in testing & resolved.

Since it wasn't and Apple shipped it anyway causes me to lose trust in Apple.

Once again we're reminded that Apple cares more about money, than high quality reliable devices. They know they can sell it without consequence. Very, very sad.

Please stop. Nobody is perfect, not even Apple. Crap happens and sometimes you won't find out about it until it's in the hands of the consumer being used daily in the real world. Apple will fix it, they always do. Enough with the negative talk already. :rolleyes:

Burton8219

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
The tired old excuse "the iPhone sells" proves nothing.

Toxic cancer causing fast food continues to sell at a record pace, therefore it's not bad for you?

Smoking kills but young people still smoke cause it's cool ?

Each of these examples proves just how perfect the iPhone 4S really is...

Yeah Right
I, for the life of me, can't seem to understand why you come to this portion of the forums only to talk ***** about the battery and phone in general... do you have one and are just upset about the current situation or are you just a straight up troll? If you have one, then be patient like 90% of the people on here in the same boat as you (including me); if you're just trashing on it cause you have some strange Android/WP7/Blackberry obsession then just stop. It was fine in the beginning but now I find a negative post from you in a lot of the threads I read. We get it, you don't like the 4S problems... many people are in the same boat and don't make as big a stink as you are.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I, for the life of me, can't seem to understand why you come to this portion of the forums only to talk ***** about the battery and phone in general... do you have one and are just upset about the current situation or are you just a straight up troll? If you have one, then be patient like 90% of the people on here in the same boat as you (including me); if you're just trashing on it cause you have some strange Android/WP7/Blackberry obsession then just stop. It was fine in the beginning but now I find a negative post from you in a lot of the threads I read. We get it, you don't like the 4S problems... many people are in the same boat and don't make as big a stink as you are.

Just funny how he hates the 4S and knew of the battery issues and still bought one. Then comes and trashes it. If you are against the phone so much why not return it and be happy with your android device?

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Jeez **** and get out of my thread if u can here to bitch and whine. It's just to see if this will help any of those that are affected.

Marbles1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2011
Update...

So.. what's the latest with the issue as a whole, does anyone know?

I've Restored by Iphone 4s, treating it as a brand new phone, haven't installed a thing and turned pretty much every feature off. I get about 30 hours max out of it on standby...

Is it worth taking the iphone to an Apple Store for a replacement, or is the current thinking that issues are software related..?

I love the new features and speed of the 4S, it's just disappointing I can't play wit the phone for more than an hour or two without it seriously affecting the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.