Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
I am starting to see slight discoloration on the back of the bumper. I baby my phone so i can't tell why it is turning. It is basically getting dirty but it isn't washing off. You can't tell unless you are really looking but I am really anal about this stuff. I will keep and eye on it and if it get's worse i will let you guys know.:mad:

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
It's silicone but it is coated with a hard glossy coating. I thought this coating would keep it from getting dirty like the silicone bumpers but it's not working to well.

What is the material on this case? Rubber?

I ordered a Linear and the material on that is plastic.

aham23

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
what is the difference between Hybrid 2S and the Hybrid EX beyond color options? much thanks.

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
The polycarbonate frame was made to be stronger that the original. Also i think the vibrate switch cutout was cut to fit the 4S a little better.

what is the difference between Hybrid 2S and the Hybrid EX beyond color options? much thanks.

Last edited:

tanvincent87

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
would the NeoHybrid Snow appear bulkier/thicker than the Linear Crystal Series? since it has 2 layers and such, it appears it will add alot more bulk to the phone..?

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
It honestly doesn't any much bulk at all. It looks like there isn't even a case ot it at all and I forget it's on there sometimes. The linear looks to actually be thicker and more bulky in the hands from the reviews on Youtube.

would the NeoHybrid Snow appear bulkier/thicker than the Linear Crystal Series? since it has 2 layers and such, it appears it will add alot more bulk to the phone..?

tanvincent87

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
It honestly doesn't any much bulk at all. It looks like there isn't even a case ot it at all and I forget it's on there sometimes. The linear looks to actually be thicker and more bulky in the hands from the reviews on Youtube.

dang! i already ordered the linear satin for my white 4s.. thanks for the information! i guess i will try it out first before giving the Snow series a shot.. :)

LOLOMGWTFBBQ

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2011
Mine just came in the mail

6391170605_4490f72bf5_z.jpg

6391170889_524e9a22bc_z.jpg

6391171451_a510898a87_z.jpg

6391171177_c0d202db25_z.jpg

With the SGP leather skin guard:
6391171041_6308589b66_z.jpg

If you want to see the rest of the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayengee/sets/72157628116639619/

Last edited:

Black Dawg Down

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
I am starting to see slight discoloration on the back of the bumper. I baby my phone so i can't tell why it is turning. It is basically getting dirty but it isn't washing off. You can't tell unless you are really looking but I am really anal about this stuff. I will keep and eye on it and if it get's worse i will let you guys know.:mad:

Can you clean it with Magic Eraser? Or as someone posted in another thread, jewellery cleaner.

DMunky168

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2009
Does anyone know if SGP wil have a black silicon instead of the white one? I know this is the Snow series but I wonder if anyone would know. I e-mailed them but no response...

LOLOMGWTFBBQ

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2011
Nice Pics
Did you order it off their site or off ebay??
Their website.
really nice fotoz, i ve ordered the same for my white i4 , now i hope it comes soon from the post!
How does it feel generally? are u satisfied?:)

A bit slippery at first but it's fine now. Maybe because I'm still new to the bumper-style case and I'm not use to it. I'm very satisfied overall :D

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Does anyone know if these have the same problem with jeans as the white bumpers? I got a white bumper the other day and it got all blue because of my jeans. I swapped it out and the new one was blue again after just a few days of use.

aham23

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
i want one. anyone know of a current coupon code or possible black friday deal? much thanks.

bornjr

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2011
Virginia
Mine came in yesterday as well...Lucky Labs Teksure Skin back.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    611.3 KB · Views: 211

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
Magic eraser will make things worse. It will take the stain out but it will also roughen up the surface of the bumper making it more susceptible to staining and grabbing dirt. I contact SGP on Facebook and they told me to contact their customer service because it shouldn't be doing this. I may have gotten a faulty one or something.

I haven't tried the jewelry cleaner though.

Can you clean it with Magic Eraser? Or as someone posted in another thread, jewellery cleaner.

Last edited:

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Let me know what happens with that bc it would be good info if it happens to mine.

tanvincent87

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
i have tried on my Snow Satin Silver for a few days and i'm pretty satisfied, here are my opinions:

+ very good drop protection with the silicon all-round
+ silicon has a slight 'sticky' feel, so phone does not slide-off tables, good grip too
+ sleek and smooth look all round the edges of the phone (no lines/ connections, unlike the linear series)
+ buttons (power and volume) are very accessible
+ colour is awesome match to the white iphone

- white silicon is not seamless and perfect (mine has some imperfections like minor dents and dirt specks)
- offer no protection to back of phone/camera lens (probability of scratching camera lens on uneven/curved surfaces is high, unlike the linear backplates) (anyone has a solution to this?)

i do have the white leather skinguard, however when i put it on the back it somehow doesnt look as nice, and its so thin it does not solve the protection issue for camera lens.. anyone has managed to solved this issue?

this is just my experience and opinions, subjected to personal preferences and dislikes, just sharing. :)

andy769

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Did anybody order the tender blue version? I would love to see an actual pic before I order it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.