iPhone 4S pricing details - 9to5mac (AKA negative nancy)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wurt, Oct 3, 2011.

1. wurt macrumors member

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/03/last-minute-whispers-iphone-4s-pricing-and-october-14th-launch-date/

iPhone 4S pricing:

We’ve got international pricing for the iPhone 4S (N94) that Apple is announcing tomorrow. The conversion to U.S. subsidized equivalents is obviously not clear cut math, but we think we may have figured it out. According to our source, the price of the unlocked 64GB iPhone 4S will replace the price of the current 32GB iPhone 4. In addition, the price of the new 32GB iPhone 4S will replace the price of the current 16GB iPhone 4.

With this knowledge, we think it’s highly likely that the 64GB iPhone 4S will cost $299, the 32GB will cost $199, and the 16GB will drop down to $99 in the United States. The 8GB iPhone 4 (N90A) will most likely cost $49, which will replace the current $49 iPhone 3GS price point. MacRumors reports that Apple has begun sales of an unlocked iPhone 3GS. A free iPhone 3GS on contract seems to make sense here.

October 14th launch date, Apple Stores to open at 7AM and some to close at midnight:

We’re now hearing that Apple is preparing their retail stores for an October 14th iPhone launch. This phone will of course be the iPhone 4S with an A5 processor, the breakthrough Assistant feature, an eight megapixel camera, Nuance speech-to-text, and 1GB of RAM. Apple Stores are also planning overnights for October 13th. We’ve also heard that stores will open at 7AM for the crowds on that Friday. Certain locations will even be open until midnight to help meet demand.

All stuff we figured already.. man the folks over at 9to5 are dead set on no iphone 5 and I don't like it one bit

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

If it didn't have a larger screen, I'd still be decently excited about 64 GB at $299 on contract.

Let's face it, it has the more gee bee's. And the wifis.

3. wurt thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately, if we have the same 3.5" screen then i'm going to pass on the iphone. I'm going to need at least 3.7" after having a 3.5" screen for 2+ years.

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Don't get me wrong. I want the bigger screen. I think 4" is the perfect size, 3.5" is just a little too small nowadays. I've been looking at the Galaxy S II and other Android/WP7 offerings though, and I have to say, I'll still be most likely to get whatever Apple puts out (so might as well find the positives in the new phone). iOS is too good of an OS, and I'm too invested in the ecosystem.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I think we're getting 64GB. We just have to be. I was never really expecting it a few months ago, but it just makes sense now.

But I was expecting it to be $399 or $499. This is great if it ends up like this.

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

ill wait for the 5 unless something blows me out of the water tomorrow?

7. LoganT macrumors 68020

64 GB's for 299 is really cool when most thought it would be 399.

8. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Wait till the 11th for the Nexus Prime!

9. wurt thread starter macrumors member

I've had a moto droid for the last 2 years.. I'm done with android. I figure a new iphone will play nice with my ipad and icloud.

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Sounds right to me.

Rule #1. Never, ever expect something massively different from the product before. Apple iterates relentlessly once they've figured out the product.

If it sounds a bit boring, it's most likely true and it will sell by the truckload.

Only very rarely do we ever see something truly "new."

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

399/499 is the current early upgrade price. They're not changing the price structure since it's been 199,299/399,499/599,699 for a while now (eligible/early upgrade/no commit).

12. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I just have too much money invested in iPhone apps to leave. I also have a mostly mac household and everything syncs so easy right now. I can't imagine switching to an android.

I like *some of the android phones. But I don't think the os is being taken seriously. It's still a very loose system and I don't feel like Google takes it as seriously as they should.

I am thinking we will see a $200 and a $300 version, assuming there is just one new phone being released.

13. knownikko macrumors 6502

Damn them and their common sense and realistic expectations.

14. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

64 GB for $299 on contract would sound especially tempting on a phone capable of 1080p video recording.

15. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I couldn't agree more!

Bryan

16. zipster macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I like those price points. I'm probably going to with 32GB regardless if it is $199 or $299 though, as it's more than enough space.

I'm tempted to get the 64GB since I was planning on dropping $299 for a new iPhone anyways, but I'll have to see.

18. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

19. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Of course they're not going to redesign their desktops and laptops often, because computers don't change all that much when it comes to overall design. But the iPhone 4 is too stale and small in screen size compared to all the phones that have been coming out over the past year. I really hope Apple surprises us, and that there's no iPhone 5 rumors because Apple is really keeping it on lockdown.

20. zipster macrumors 6502

:confused:

My point was that the iMac has changed drastically every few years.

21. estockme macrumors regular

man, i remember when the motorola rzr cost more than the 16gb. and when apple products cost more than everything.

22. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

The last 2 aren't that much of a change, and I doubt we'll see it change much more for a while. I think it was more of a case of technology advancing rapidly enough to warrant a design overhaul, and now that tech seems to be advancing steadily, change has slowed a lot more. Look at how long the Mac Pro cases have stayed the same, or the iPod design, or the MacBook Pro design.
    [​IMG]

23. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I did not know that until I bought a razr a month ago to use to stay off contract while I was for iP5. Now with a promo Verizon has now if their pricing is correct I can get the 16GB iPhone "5" for free by trading in the razr I got off ebay for $50. :D

24. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Well, there's a couple of ways to respond to this post. The last iPhone was indeed radically different from the previous model in overall form. But on the other hand, laying face up next to the previous model, it's dang near identical. But to that end, all 4 models that have been released look identical in that configuration.

So from what you're saying, it's either; We got the "truly new" last year. Or; We're due for "truly new" now.