iPhone 4S Screen Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kylesimpson003, Aug 10, 2013.

1. kylesimpson003 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4S is having a screen problem. I let it die completely one day, and didn't bother to recharge it for about 12 hours. When I did, the screen lit up, but wouldn't display anything. I'll post a picture.

[​IMG]

Now this is an aftermarket screen that I replaced my original screen with. (It's actually my third screen). It hasn't really been a very good screen; it always displayed colors a little off or had random lines going through the display, but I'm willing to put up with it until the 5S comes out. But I can't live without it working at all!

My thought is something came loose inside? I need to order another pentalobular screwdriver if that's the case. I have dropped it a few times so that could be it. I thought it may be bricked, so I tried to restore it, but I have iOS 7 on it despite it not being a registered dev device, so it just wouldn't do anything. Halp!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Might have been an electrical shock to one of the internal components.

3. kylesimpson003 thread starter macrumors newbie

Which of the internal components? The vibrator still works when I go from silent to loud.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Hard to know which one. But after 3 screen changes, either you broke something, or something burned after the last battery cycle.

5. kylesimpson003 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well it's been working for about four months since the last screen change, so is that likely?

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Unlikely due to the time span, but possible... in electronics, things can take some time.

7. nilzi macrumors regular

I jude that a small component could be broken on the motherboard, you sholud check your motherboard carefully.