iPhone 4S Shaking Near Camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I can't help but notice that when I tap the back of my phone near my camera or lay it down on the table I can hear something shaking or "loose" in the phone.

Is it just me or is this something that's with all the 4S'?

2. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

It's completely normal. From what I have heard, the iPhone 4 did it as well.

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Just got back from a genius appointment, and they said it was normal. The genius opened up the phone to verify that nothing wass loose. I tapped on several of the phones on display and they had the same sound.

4. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

5. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

You're not alone. There are actually several other threads, addressing this "loose" sound that most of us are hearing when tapping on the upper part of the phone. It's VERY annoying because it makes you think something's wrong or loosened up, but it seems it's something going on with most (if not all) phones.

In addition to that, a lot of people are reporting that the vibration is too loud and it makes the phone rattle/buzz in an annoying way. That, too, is driving me nuts! I'll have to go to my Apple store and play around with some of the demo units and compare with my very own ears before I decide if I should make a Genius appointment.

6. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

What you are hearing is.....

The lens elements and the auto focus (slack) of the lens barrel. It's not a loose component that will fall out, it's just the lens assembly. My 4 did it, so did the 3Gs. It's normal.

7. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ok. Good to hear.
    And do your volume buttons wiggle a little bit too. Mine do.

8. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Don't waste your time. I did that tonight. Genius appointment and "inspected" the demo units. All had the sound. As I posted above, the genius opened my phone and found nothing loose or abnormal. It is annoying though.