iPhone 4S shuts down at 5-7%?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jumpmanpro97, Aug 31, 2013.

1. jumpmanpro97 macrumors member

Jun 30, 2010
    Recently my iphone 4S has been shutting down once the battery life gets between 5-7%. I noticed that this has been happening for the last 2-3 weeks. It acts like the battery is at 0% the phone immediately shuts off and once I plug it in to recharge the phone battery % is at already 10% after only a few seconds.
  2. Jamieyasa macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2013
    This happens to my iPhone 5 too, I came to the conclusion that this happens when I have been topping up the battery instead of draining it completely and then charging. So what I reccomend you do is, once you plug it when it dies before 0% it will come back on immediately, then take it off and use the phone until it dies, if it dies before 0% again repeat that until it comes to 0% and dies.. This should help . And in the future you should drain your phone at least once a week in my opinion.
  3. jumpmanpro97 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 30, 2010
    I've always done that tho, not sure if how that helps.
  4. jav6454 macrumors P6

Nov 14, 2007
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    On a 4S it is because of the age. Battery has worn out by this time. Readings will not be what they claim. Also, remember, the battery % is an estimate, not exact reading.