iPhone 4S Stolen, before I even saw it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Celedral, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Celedral, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

Celedral macrumors 6502

Celedral

UPS tracking showing delivered at 10:00am PST this morning, and at 10:20am i went out and saw nothing. looked all over the house, I didn't even hear the UPS truck. My house is gated too and I have a dog, so it's hard to just come in and steal it

now i'm on the phone with UPS, still waiting.

anyone else have bad luck this morning?

EDIT: I actually had TWO packages, one being shoes, BOTH mentioned delivered!, but NOTHING!

EDIT 2: Finally got through to their "customer service," i was treated like a criminal. They claimed that it's not the drivers fault and he is one of the best, which i doubt she even knew him. They told me to file a POLICE report, yes a dumb police report instead of starting a claim for me. I Demanded her to call the UPS driver, and he claimed that He delivered to the correct house with "the gate". 90% of the houses in the street has a gate.

I was furious after the phone call and not having anything done, i went to check my neighbors house hoping he did deliver it to the wrong house. Just before I reach the 3rd neighbors house, the UPS driver went in and grabbed two boxes from that house and brought it to me, saying "it's a good thing you called"

man, that was a horrible morning. Glad I got the phone now

Armin only got cancelled too, other bad news

2. 2010RS macrumors 6502

dont worry, you wouldnt have been able to activate it anyways.

3. Celedral thread starter macrumors 6502

Celedral

I have ATT, so it's as simple as popping in a sim card to activate it

4. SomeonePlzHelp macrumors regular

Maybe your UPS driver got a new iPhone today.

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Driver probably just scanned yours accidentally at a prior stop. I'll bet he has a LOT of similar looking boxes on the truck today :p

6. Nocaster macrumors regular

/snicker

7. Celedral thread starter macrumors 6502

Celedral

i wish, but i ordered shoes that also said delivered but also missing!

8. .paul macrumors member

.paul

9. omgwut macrumors 6502

That sucks. I went outside an hour ago to find a missed attempt sheet stuck to my front door. WTF? I swear, the UPS guy never even knocked. I was like 30 feet away from the door the whole morning, and just went outside to check on a whim when I saw it. There were two other people in the house and they heard nothing either. Its like they just walked up without the package and went aherpaderp and stuck the thing on my door and drove off.

And I gotta work like 30 minutes after they get back to the hub, so looks like I'm picking it up tomorrow. Lame.

10. Walter Bell macrumors regular

This is why I am very disappointed that apple chose to ship with UPS instead of FedEx. I know someone can come up with a horror story for each company, but i have the wrost of luck with UPS in Hawaii doing this same exact thing. I have had a total of 4 packages (Shipped form various online vendors) in which all showed delivered without having a package. either my neighbors are thieves or UPS is up to some shady stuff around me in Hawaii.

FWIW, in the lower 48, I never had issues with UPS.

11. efyou macrumors regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTlLOF2moxY

12. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

yeahhhhhhhhh, about that :rolleyes:

13. rkahl macrumors 65816

14. omgwut macrumors 6502

15. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Happened to me with Fed X, they stated they knocked and rang the bell but no one answered when I ordered a Min from Apple, problem is I have three dogs and there were ppl home, so if he/she even came near the door and touched it bc these dogs would have gone nuts. However the Fed X office is right near work, so picked it up on my way home next day, but pissed me off.

Your situation sucks a bit more and I hope you get a good resolution to it, but these shippers do lack some common skills, besides I thought that someone had to sign for the iPhone pre orders?

16. xerenthar macrumors 6502

Request Status Updates »
    Delivered On:
    Friday, 10/14/2011 at 1:57 P.M.
    Left At:
    Front Desk
    Signed By:
    CHOE

sure wish i had a front desk.

17. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

18. amtrucker22 macrumors member

Maybe it delivered next door by mistake. I would check.

19. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

I have two USPS packages marked delivered to my locked mailbox... however I got nothing :(

20. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

That really blows. I'm lucky enough to have a flexible job that allows me to work from home when I need to - like today!

21. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

On the online tracking page, does it state who, if anyone, signed for the packages?

22. elistan macrumors 6502a

Chalk me up as another victim a driver not bothering to knock. (Not with an iPhone 4S, this happened a while ago.) I was home at the time. My wife has this afternoon off - I asked her to keep an ear out for the UPS guy and go open the door when she hears the truck, and not assume he'll ring the doorbell.

23. vivelafrance macrumors newbie

I'm actually upset that ATT chose Fedex. They quietly knocked this morning at 8:00 am and by the time my rommmate got downstairs they were all the way down the street. They left the iphone on the porch which I did NOT want and Fedex assure me would not happen and the box was damaged. I've never had a problem with UPS but Fedex always pulls this stuff.

24. xerenthar macrumors 6502

not detroit, NYC. they delivered it to 188 instead of 152. the doorman at 188 is conveniently on break right now (i.e. selling my phone on canal street). we'll see.

25. Saberj macrumors regular

I always complain about delivery drivers for that reason. Why do they try their best to not be seen/heard? That's the difference between them and people that don't get their money until the delivery has been made (IE - Restaurant Delivery Drivers). You can be sure the delivery driver is going to make their presence known. But package deliveries? It's as if they enjoy making multiple delivery attempts.