iPhone 4s Supply?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChubZ, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ChubZ macrumors regular

Anyone think the 4s will be in high demand like the 4 and guesstimates on the actual supply? I remember reading one of those rumors from the Wall Street Journal that said the supply of the 4s would be abundant.

2. iTorment macrumors member

iTorment

Yeah, considering there's no redesign, Apple should be sitting on a stockpile of these.

3. salacious macrumors 6502a

thank god.... means people can actually save for this now without having to wait months for a re-stock...

4. ChubZ thread starter macrumors regular

plus 3 different carriers here in the US.....my verizon rep says that he would be surprised if you couldnt walk in a store on the 14th and

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

6. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I really don't think so. Weren't there stories about shortages until 2012 a few weeks ago.

I think this is going to be a tough phone to get.

7. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Compared to the 4, I don't think it will be in high demand. Most of the pre-orders and initial sales of the 4 were because of people upgrading from their current iPhone to the new iPhone. Not due to new customers.

So let's see how well this plays out. Addition of Sprint and other new carriers abroad will definitely help boost sales numbers though. But that's not the same reason as how iPhone 4 sold so widely.

8. ChubZ thread starter macrumors regular

shortages of a rumored iphone 5, they said the 4s would be readily available

9. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

10. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

If I wont be able to preorder it tomorrow for some reason, Luckily I have huge at&t store right next to my job, but I'd rather have it delivered to my house :)

Good luck everyone, tomorrow is a big date!

I wonder if there will be a lot of people... so far after seeing couple of palls it's 50% - 50% comparing to last year 89%