Iphone 4s UNLOCK USING Gevey

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mrlal8, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Mrlal8 macrumors member

Has anyone had any success with the Geyey sim ultra S for att locked phones? I called them they said they have a 30 day money back guarantee and you can pay with paypal. I have version 5.0.1 and baseband 1.0.13 they say that it should 100% work on the iphone 4s

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I have used the GPP sim interposer to unlock our 4S, 5.0.1 firmware
    Works as claimed.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Nice, could you give me the site you bought it, price and any specifics I should look for when ordering one for the 4S fw 5.0.0 ? :). Thanks!

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Why not just Google something like "GPP sim interposer for iPhone 4S"

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

What is this Google thing people keep talking about??

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

OK Labman, not you also :rolleyes:

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Surely you recognize my bad sense of humor by now Dave! :D

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

:p

I did Google before asking, but since it comes from China it's easier to get a proper working one from a place another person has ordered and knows it works since the Chinese are the greatest imitators ;) For example is this their official website: http://www.gppteam.net/ ?

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

10. TC25 macrumors 68020

It's like Bing, only it tracks you better. :D

11. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

This is why I buy factory unlocked iphones from apple. No having to find the correct chinese website to sell me an unlock that only works for specific firmware (possibly). No wondering if I ordered the right one, went to the right site, if the chinese company will steal my credit card info, etc.....

12. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Why do you persistently remind us that you bought a factory unlocked iPhone every opportunity that you have?

Having useful input that helps forum members is a better solution - this is a hacks section, remember.

13. Mrlal8 thread starter macrumors member

spend the extra money pay 39.99 and buy it from applenberry. They are the creators of the product and they have a 30 day money back guarantee

14. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Actually, GPP developed sim interposers years before Applenberry was around (at least here in the US).

Of the three companies who market sims to unlock the 4S, each has different pros and cons.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Interesting.
    I didnt know there was 3 different types of turbo sims for the 4S.
    What's the difference between them?

16. Mrlal8 thread starter macrumors member

why is applenberry so much more expensive than on the gevey website?

17. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Of the 3, the big difference is R-Sim is said to work on 5.1 firmware, where the other 2 do not, only 5.0 and 5.0.1

I only have personal experience with GPP, it works well on 4S on 5.0.1

18. bigjee macrumors member

I've used R-sim 3 (not 2 or 1) and it works perfectly on multiple carriers.

Gevey is behind the game (and costs a ***** load) as it requires you to stay on 5.0.1 and 5.0.

Ive done a R-sim unlock for someone who was on 5.0.1 and they went home and updated to IOS 5.1 despite my telling them not to :rolleyes: and the R-sim still worked flawlessly.

You'll have to setup 3G services manually though but its a 2 min process.

(PM me if you want to know where to buy it)

19. Sumit76 macrumors newbie

GPP Sim unlocked 4s - Internet not working

Hi

I bought my GPP Sim on eBay for like $16 and it works great. It unlocked within 30 seconds.

I had an AT&T and now travling to India for couple of weeks. Problem is that everything works fine except the internet. I got my 3G services activated from Vodafone here however I am not able to connect to internet.

I guess somehow at the backend it has some AT&T settings. Service provider is saying everything is fine at the backend. I wonder if there is a fix or if someone else faced a similar problems.

Please help !!!

20. jaysoogle1 macrumors newbie

Iam using G Sim to Unlock iphone 4s Everything is Working Great internet too

by the way i have Verizon Iphone 4s on IOS 5.0.1 and baseband 1.0.13

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This was my experience also, unlock in about 20-30 seconds :p

22. scitech macrumors newbie

To those thinking that they help by sending people to perform google searches (if you think that at all), you should understand that many people land on this forum exactly by searching google for relevant information. That was my case for instance, although I was previously a member here.

If you do know something, if you do have an experience relevant to the question, then share. If not, you know that one: silence is golden!

Between some useless posts I did find out on this thread that there are some other fairly reliably unlocking solutions besides the Gevey ultra S offered by applenberry. They are also significantly cheaper. This is the kind of information this forum is useful for. I might actually buy a GPP interposer on eBay based on the info found here.

I am still curious though about the experience others have with these unlocks, be it for iPhone 4S or for older models.

One question I would have is if you generally have to buy yet an other interposer if you want to upgrade to the next major iOS release (in this case iOS 6 I suppose).
    My guess is that the answer to my question would be yes, but maybe you can share your experience, like if you maybe kept an older version of iOS just to maintain your unlock or if you bought an other interposer (gevey, turbo, GPP... whatever it's called) just to be able to upgrade to the next iOS.

I noticed for instance on eBay that the GPP for iOS 5.1 is different than the one that works for up to 5.0.1 and it costs roughly double ($20 vs $10).

Sumit76, your experience is not encouraging for instance. Data not working makes the iPhone and the unlock a bit useless. I would not bother to unlock if I knew that the data will not work overseas.

23. Sumit76 macrumors newbie

Is your Internet on 3G working. Would you have any information on the issue I am facing.

24. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

When unlocked, I use T-Mobile. An iPhone does not receive their 3GS data frequency used here in US, so you can only get Edge

25. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i believe gevey and gpp sim are updated to work on 5.1 for gsm carriers. sprint and verizon users have to wait for the jailbreak for a 5.1 unlock