Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roxics

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2013
Did they make silicon cases for the 5S and will these work with the SE? I like leather but I also kinda really like silicon since I've been back to using my old 5C with the silicon case. Nice and grippy.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Did they make silicon cases for the 5S and will these work with the SE? I like leather but I also kinda really like silicon since I've been back to using my old 5C with the silicon case. Nice and grippy.

I don't think they did from memory, I seem to remember silicon was for 5C and leather 5S.

Daria

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Northern California
I'm getting an SE, but can't yet decide the colour.....My current old 5 is silver and I really love it, but it seems the SE should be different. Is this such a 1st World problem to have ;) Now I'm a embarrassed, but only a little.

Last edited:

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm getting an SE, but can't yet decide the colour.....My current old 5 is silver and I really love it, but it seems the SE should be different. Is this such a 1st World problem to have ;) Now I'm a little embarrassed, but only a little.

I can't decide either, when I got the 5S I had no choice but Space Grey as it wasn't in stock in any other colour.. I always lusted after Gold so I got a Gold 6 but the magic was gone...

Kinda feel I should get the Gold SE.

Daria

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Northern California
I'm thinking about the Gold or perhaps the Rose Gold. Although if I get anything other than the silver, I'll "have" to get new cases....haha

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
They don't need to, because the SE fits the iPhone 5 cases ~ I've been told this everywhere I've looked.

If I'm wrong on this, I'm sure people will be along to correct me...;)

My point is that there's no official Apple Silicone case for the SE like we have for the other iPhones.

That sucks as I really love Apple's cases.

Daria

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Northern California
My point is that there's no official Apple Silicone case for the SE like we have for the other iPhones.

That sucks as I really love Apple's cases.

OK, so this means you're worried about the name of the cases on the site, and in the Apple stores?
Relax, they'll get around to modifying that name.

And, if you are wanting new selections & styles of cases, that will probably happen as well. It's only the first day, you know.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
OK, so this means you're worried about the name of the cases on the site, and in the Apple stores?
Relax, they'll get around to modifying that name.

And, if you are wanting new selections & styles of cases, that will probably happen as well. It's only the first day, you know.

What?
I have no idea what you're talking about honestly.

Apple does not make a Silicone Case for the iPhone 5s or SE and I wish they would. That's what I'm saying. No idea what you mean about the "name"?

Daria

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Northern California
What?
I have no idea what you're talking about honestly.

Apple does not make a Silicone Case for the iPhone 5s or SE and I wish they would. That's what I'm saying. No idea what you mean about the "name"?

Oops, I apologise completely! Just went and looked at the Apple store, and you're right. I don't buy my cases from Apple, so hadn't been on the page. I'm surprised that they don't have a larger case selection, just as you.

Didn't they previously have a case for the 5 & 5S? That's the premise on which I was answering....see, now it makes more sense. :confused: Sorry to take up your time. Now I'm feeling very stoopid.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Oops, I apologise completely! Just went and looked at the Apple store, and you're right. I don't buy my cases from Apple, so hadn't been on the page. I'm surprised that they don't have a larger case selection, just as you.

Didn't they previously have a case for the 5 & 5S? That's the premise on which I was answering....see, now it makes more sense. :confused: Sorry to take up your time. Now I'm feeling very stoopid.
The 5s had leather cases only, 5c had silicone. 6 series has both.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
All good Daria...

I guess I just assumed that with a new "nearly flagship" spec'd 4" iPhone out that they'd want to capitalize and sell lots of high margin accessories, including a Silicone case option.. They even went so far as to add new colors of cases for the 6/6s/plus/etc models...

Might go back to my Chinese Bumper cases that I still have from my 5s days I guess.. :-(

Daria

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Northern California
The 5s had leather cases only, 5c had silicone. 6 series has both.

Thanks for the additional info. These were the cases I thought I knew about, actually, and I'm thinking they are still in the stores, or will be available through resellers.
[doublepost=1458594846][/doublepost]
All good Daria...

I guess I just assumed that with a new "nearly flagship" spec'd 4" iPhone out that they'd want to capitalize and sell lots of high margin accessories, including a Silicone case option.. They even went so far as to add new colors of cases for the 6/6s/plus/etc models...

Might go back to my Chinese Bumper cases that I still have from my 5s days I guess.. :-(

Thanks for your patience! Haha, there are multitudes of cases available; surprisingly even Walmart Online has them and the one I bought from them is actually pretty nice.

Daria

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Northern California
Last edited:

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Well here it is, £13 brand new sealed from Amazon.
IMG_0495.JPG

Reactions: nfl46
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.