iPhone 5 - battery issues as of late

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legion103, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Legion103 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I have the iPhone 5...running iOS 7 since it came out. I've been noticing recently that the battery is going very fast.

Last night, my phone was on 48%....refreshed Twitter...checked my phone in 5 minutes...it was at 41%...

I have the brightness on medium range...I close the apps...

what could be the issue?

Thanks!

2. Legion103 thread starter macrumors regular

3. jj03 macrumors member

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Start by removing all apps from your recently used app list and then reset the phone (home and sleep buttons until Apple logo appears). That may be enough. If it's an app, there's a chance the battery drain will return when that app becomes stuck doing whatever it is doing now.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'd take a look in Location Services. See which apps are using LS. I'd bet you probably find a few that are using LS that don't need to be. Turn them off, turn off the ones you don't want/need using LS and see what happens.

Using the GPS to pull location data can hit the battery pretty hard. Especially, if an app won't let go and holds on to it for longer than it should.

6. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

Try turing off "background app refresh" and turn off location services for things you don't really need.

I had passbook using my location all the time to see if I was going into certain stores. After I turned it off I noticed a significant increase in battery life. Now if I need the passbook I just go into it when I am at the store, it only takes 5 extra seconds.