iPhone 5 camera problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lazybump91, Jun 26, 2013.

1. lazybump91 macrumors member

Look at my Panaroma shot in low light, this happen.

I realize that when iPhone 5 taking shots in low light, this may occur.

Can someone help? Or is it normal for iPhone 5?

Attached Files:

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

This doesnt seem normal to me. Is that the only time it does it? Try in a more lit environment and see if they still appear. Also try using just the non-panorama camera in both low, and high lit environment to test it. Let us know the results.

If it appears in every type of picture you take, and can repliacte the problem everytime, take it to your nearest Apple store, they should replace it for you. (make sure you backup your iPhone data first)

3. lazybump91, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013

lazybump91 thread starter macrumors member

I tried with normal mode, it may have this kind of line as well(not this serious) but it won't shows up on the picture you shot and also it may well gone off after few seconds of self focusing. probably wont happen on high lit environment.

This unit scurfgate issue doesn't seem so obvious I don't wish the replacement set has this issue, damn sad :( and it's a refurbished set.

*edit : uploaded photo took by panaroma.

Attached Files:

4. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

5. lazybump91 thread starter macrumors member

shouldn't be i think? the line may move on the screen.. like ripple.

6. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

7. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

It shouldn't do that.

Apple Store -> Swap Device

8. lazybump91 thread starter macrumors member

No one facing the same issue? When you guys taking a photo under low lit, nothing like this happen? Look closely on your screen, camera app... ripple-like line may occur... i've tried with 3 iphone 5, same problem.

9. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I've used my camera in low light, bright light no light. I've taken pictures of the moon. I've aimed this thing directly in the sun. In the 5000+ times I've used my iPhone 5 camera, I've never once seen anything remotely close to what you have described and shared here.

If you have updated software, reset all settings, restored iOS and setup as new, then only thing left is to replace or take into an Apple Store and show them and see what they say. If you go to the store, take all three iPhones you tested with too.

10. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

If your phone is still in warranty, contact AppleCare, and they will ship you out a new phone, and you just have to send yours in for repair.