IPhone 5 Case Recommendations?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jreale05, Sep 14, 2012.

1. jreale05 macrumors regular

Any of you all have recommendations for your favorite cases? I just switched from an HTC EVO 4G, and am curious as to which case is best for the iPhone. I really like some of the Otter Box cases a lot... the one I had on my Droid was awesome and protected my phone from several drops/water.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

incipios feather looks like its gonna be good again, although I might stretch to one of the leather backed Knomo cases.

3. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

4. WouterDS macrumors member

WouterDS

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

6. fongyuen macrumors 6502

does any one make a case for previous iPhones with a kickstand?

7. tek9designs macrumors newbie

The only case I would ever consider using on my iPhone is
    http://goincase.com/products/detail/snap-case-cl69051

The only thing I've found that rides the line of decent protection, slim, soft touch and good design.

That being said, with the new iPhone having a unibody aluminum backing (other than glass panels) I believe I'm going to roll the dice with no case and see how it goes.

8. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

I ordered a Otterbox Commuter and an Incipio one, I forget which one. All of them are shipping on the 21st though, I wonder if I can go grab one at bestbuy or somewhere.

I am just waiting for the new lifeproof, that will be the one I get.

9. Catloverwrestler macrumors newbie

10. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

+1 on the commuter. Not too big, not too flimsy.

11. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Glad to hear, the only Otterbox I have owned was a defender for my 4S and I HATED it. I hope I like the commuter better. I really hope lifeproof hurries up and makes a case for the iPhone 5.

12. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

No offense intended, but you've said "Otterbox Defender for the win" five times since lunchtime today. Do you get a commission on those things? ;)

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Unless you absolutely must have case for peace of mind or other reasons, I would encourage you to enjoy the phone caseless.

I say that because I've read several highly complimentary articles about the ruggedness of this new iPhone 5.

It's got Gorilla Glass 2... and entirely new version of glass that's extremely scratch resistant. Apple has gone to great lengths to make the overall structure of the phone very tough and scratch resistant.

As delicate and problematic as the iPhone 4 and 4S were if dropped, even from a low height, they say the iPhone 5 is far more durable. No case is needed.

The mistake I made was forgetting to capture the link to the two best articles, otherwise I'd be happy to post it.

14. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Since there doesn't seem to be an Apple Bumper for the iPhone 5 .. is there any case that would be a close to it as possible? I know there were a bunch of copycat bumpers on the current iPhone's, but I don't remember which brands they were.

Thanks!

15. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I think the Speck Candy Shell cases are nice. OtterBox Defender is also really nie but bulky. OtterBox Commuter was nice but the charger port cover drove me nuts. Hopefully they fixed that on the 5. Belkin makes nice cases too.

16. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I was hoping for another minimal Apple bumper, but I guess not this time around.

17. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

I'm just going to buy a leather sleeve for when it's in my pocket. When it's out of my pocket and not in the sleeve, I'll use it naked. The phone, not me. :D

18. Qoo macrumors 6502

i preferred gel skin type -

http://www.zoogue.com/free-iphone-5-social-shell-case/ - FREE

You just pay for the shipping.

i am currently have 1 black and 1 white for my white iPhone 4S.

very good quality and well protection.

the problem is you need to wait 3 - 6 weeks

19. GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

Never thought I'd find the perfect case for me but I did with the Elago Glide case. Definitely getting it for my iPhone 5 and Elago just announced they're in production of iP5 cases on they're Facebook page too!

20. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

For those of us getting the phone launch day (my 64gb black is pre-ordered for the 21st:)) I would just hit up ebay for now.

Unless you are going to go through the pain of line waiting, in which case I would just pick up whatever they have in store just to hold you off until better cases get released.

I just picked up this for less than 15 bucks combined with screen protectors from American sellers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350601843629?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

21. mackinmike macrumors 6502

just go naked. it's ironic when we hear people say samsung phones feel cheap cuz of the plastic and then they go wrap their phone in a plastic case. smh. :confused:

22. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Im hoping for another bumper style case to use with my icarbons carbon fiber wrap.

23. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Covering up this work of art with a case is a crime. :apple:

24. amyangel macrumors member

I loved my Giffin Elan Form carbon case for my IP4 but looking at their current line up, i'm not quite feeling them.

Any suggestions for a thin but hardcase that has decent protection?

I'll most likely also get the invisible shield for the front like my IP4