iPhone 5 Cases/Skins/Accessories Order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ansabakhan, Sep 8, 2012.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

I was looking around , and didn't find any thing really to order/pre-order for iPhone 5 yet. can every one please post what they ordered (and how long is the wait) , as the time comes..

2. redrob2 macrumors newbie

I wanted screen protectors and ordered a couple Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic protectors and the package showed up in 2 days. Only problem is they shipped their Glas.t model. Not a huge problem since I wanted to try it out. They will be shipping the replacements out this week. Other than them I haven't seen much out there.

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

I know , I didn't find any thing either except some chinese vendors. If apple is shipping iPhones around 21st as rumored chances are we might not have any protection on it for few days ( except for the one's apple might carry on launch day).

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm guessing because everybody is waiting till the 15th that's just a theory though!

5. drakestan macrumors regular

The 15th?

6. Coldsnow macrumors regular

7. chrisdazzo, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

SGP does have some really, really nice cases for about the price of other popular ones. Especially this one. Had it on my 4 and 4S and could not have been happier.

Though, I'd caution everyone to wait until the 12th before considering purchasing a case. Let's not forget what happened last year with the "teardrop" shape, even considering the numerous leaks this year... No manufacturer is taking chances this time, and if you're buying an iPhone 5, you'd be wise to do the same. Just saying.

8. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

9. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

power support seems to be slow most of the times ... but i think their screen protectors the best !

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sorry meant the 12th I have something else I waiting for on the other date.

11. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

I wouldn't be considering any case, skin, or screen protector that is marketed as available now, as they are all based solely on best guesses, not actual Apple CAD drawings or the device itself. Apple does not release the CAD drawing for the device until AFTER the device launches, and until then, third party manufacturers have little to go on in terms of product dimensions, etc. The SGP product for instance is simply based on the "leaked" drawings, not the actual device. It's a gamble they are taking.

Apple holds it's cards very close, which is why there are little to no cases available when a newly designed product launches. From that point, it all depends on the speed at which a manufacturer can design and produce their product.

In our case, we will probably announce the ability to pre-order skin kits for the new iPhone shortly after the keynote on Sept 12th, as that will give us the opportunity to do a rough design for the kits and have a general idea as to what we will be able to offer. Orders will not be shipped until we have received the actual device from which we will produce our templates. Thankfully our turnaround time from design to production is just hours, so we should be shipping product on launch day (or a day or 2 prior if things go as planned :))

My recommendation would be to save your money until at least the 12th.

12. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

if all the measurements are out and pretty confirmend, why are we not seeing more cases this time around ? last year no parts were out and some major case player actually had cases on their site for per-ordering...

13. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

Nothing has been confirmed by the source that matters - Apple. To this point, all Apple has announced officially is a Media Event Sept 12th. Nothing more.

As for the device itself, all we have are alleged "Leaked" photos and possible specs of a device, all originating from Chinese aftermarket parts manufacturers and resellers, none of whom are part of Apple's supply or manufacturing chains. Further, as someone whom pays very close attention to the design details of Apple products, I am not at all convinced that the shell that has been leaked belongs to the device that will be unveiled in a few days. There are too many design inconsistencies. At best, it is an early prototype.

You are correct that last year, Casemate did briefly post images on it's website showing case designs for the iPhone 5, but the images were only 3D models, not actual product. The fact that this happened only verifies that case manufacturers big and small are not privy to device specs prior to the device being officially announced. That in turn is why the selection of cases and related products available is almost non-existant when a newly designed Apple product launches.

Frankly, I'm not going to invest time or money developing a product for the device until it is announced by Apple. As I produce my product here in North America and not overseas, I have very quick turn around time from initial design to product shipping. For the last major re-designed product launch - iPad 2 in 2011 - we had product ready to ship within 5 hours of receiving the device.

14. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

any one find a case or good screen protector for iphone 5 ?

15. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

Now that I have the official CAD drawings for the device, we've got our skin kits template'd and completed a pre-production run for testing. Once we've had a chance to confirm fit on the device, production is a go.

Hoping to have the iPhone 5 on Wednesday next week, and should be shipping by Thursday!

16. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

17. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Yes, but then in the later end of the thread, there are quite a few posts about bubbles forming and someone referencing "adhesivegate". :D
    I think coldsnow may be right.

18. aarif2012 macrumors member

I want something like a wallet that can place my cards!!! COME ON!!:apple:

19. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

New element case

Element Case has a pretty sweet looking new case they are releasing tomorrow for the iPhone 4S. iPhone 5 version is available for reservations to previous customers. The new Sector case will ship after they confirm specs for the new iPhone.

Element Case Sector

20. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

A lot of vendors (well, the few that I've checked) are taking email addresses for notification when products become available, as well. I've submitted mine to Speck and DecalGirl, and I assume Element will send something to each of the 3 email addresses they have on file for me too once their stuff's good to go.

After the iP4 launched, I ended up getting a cheapie Rocketfish case from Best Buy to tide me over until I found something that I liked more. They had them a day or so after launch.

21. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Bodyguardz has stuff up for pre-order and claiming you'll have it on launch day. I have great luck with their MBP stuff. Haven't tried their iPhone skins yet. Debating ordering it or just leaving the phone naked...

22. rogo43 macrumors member

23. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

$146??? Here I was thinking $50 was an expensive case.:rolleyes: