Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgfernandez

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
Why don't you just buy it now, keep it in good condition, and then sell it on eBay when the next iPhone comes out? You should still be able to get a decent amount of money for it at that time.

Certinfy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
London
Yeah, Apple are really going to lose out on Billions of $$$ just so they don't upset Verizon users who just bought the iPhone 4? xD

lukefinch

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
South Yorkshire, England
I will bet you $100,000 that you are wrong.

I can't believe anyone is even questioning this, it's beyond obvious. A new version of the iPhone has been released every year. I'm beginning to see a pattern..

I will also make that bet.

People have got to realise that there is a whole planet outside of the US that use iPhones.

Yes, the Verizon iPhone was a huge announcement in the US, but outside of the US no one cared, and the world does not revolve around America.

I bet anyone right now, even with no concrete proof, that a new iPhone will be announced between June-July 2011

I remember reading somewhere that the iPhone 4 was in development for 18 months before release. That means that the next iPhone will have been either nearly/completley finished development wise before the Verizon iPhone was even announced.

If you can, then wait for the next iPhone. If not, then get the iPhone 4, it is still the best phone available IMHO.

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
I think they'll introduce a new iPhone, but it'll be a minor spec update. So the verizon customers won't be annoyed and international customers will be happy with a new iPhone. I think the iPhone 6 will be a big jump, as then nobody would have just purchased an iPhone 5, due to Apple's fault (introducing the iPhone 4 on verizon a few months before the iphone 5 relase).

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
This. Except it may just be 4(G) to be compatible with the 4g networks. Don't expect anything major except for Apple's hype to make it feel like a new phone again, and oh yea...white color.

Agree with this. I think Apple will put out a 4G (HSPA+) iPhone with a few other minor hardware upgrades. Can't call it if they will bring out a white version tho.

zenio

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Based on previous releases, will the iPhone 5 come out June? I have the option to buy an iPhone 4 now or wait for the iPhone 5.. What should I do?

Wait, you'll be so glad you did!

There are so many Apple Zealots that obsess over having "the latest" there's no way that Apples going to wait an entire year like they used to.

Plus they can't afford to let Android speed past them. The pace of their development is so much faster than Apples is, that by the time Apple responds they may find themselves behind Android by quite a ways. Androids on a roll & it's freaking out Apple. That's why you see so much Android bashing in the forum.

It's also another reason that Apple has latched onto the word fragmentation, and put a negative spin on it. They've tried to use it against Android for some time now.

This is a very fun competition to watch as the Apple Zealots claim it's no competition. And we know what that stance means, it means there is fear of Google & Android.

Last edited:

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
Would Apple make the whole world wait until next year for a new phone just because of Verizon users getting the iPhone mid-cycle? I think not.

BTW I'm not too educated about the Verizon/AT&T issue, I'm from the UK.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Would Apple make the whole world wait until next year for a new phone just because of Verizon users getting the iPhone mid-cycle? I think not.

BTW I'm not too educated about the Verizon/AT&T issue, I'm from the UK.

No, Apple isn't stupid, like many here seem to think they are.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I can't imagine Apple releasing a full new CDMA model in June, essentially screwing the customers who got an iPhone 4; Apple seems like they'd do better than that. But, they're a business.

But a new android phone comes out every week , you former verizon android guys can deal with a new iPhone in the summer

Bonds79

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2008
Based on previous releases, will the iPhone 5 come out June? I have the option to buy an iPhone 4 now or wait for the iPhone 5.. What should I do?

Email Steve Jobs or Woz they would know. How in the heck would you expect us to know?:eek:;)

doubleaa

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
There will absolutely be a new phone and I pre-ordered an iPhone 4 with Verizon anyway. It will be the same design with upgraded hardware. Probably even the white color option. I'm sure there will even be a new feature or two that the iPhone 4 won't have even when upgraded to the same software version as the new model. What you won't see is a whole new design. I don't even think it will be marketed as the iPhone 5. 4G is a possibility but I am not concerned with that until the coverage is more widespread.

A new iPhone won't make the iPhone 4 useless. It'll still be the same great phone.

iTootyFrooty

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2009
Essex, UK
Definitely a new phone coming out July. Firstly, Apple cannot afford not to upgrade as we are seeing phones with 4G, Better cameras, Dual Core CPUs, Biometric security starting to find their way into the Market (Not saying Apple will cram all this in the iPhone 5). Also, here in the uk, Apple gave the iphone 3GS to Vodaphone, Orange, T-Mobile and Three in January, with the iphone 4 being 5 months away. Although the case is slightly different with Verizon, as the phone has been slightly revised (new antenna structure,CMDA) it is no excuse not to release another iPhone in July.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I think they'll introduce a new iPhone, but it'll be a minor spec update. So the verizon customers won't be annoyed and international customers will be happy with a new iPhone. I think the iPhone 6 will be a big jump, as then nobody would have just purchased an iPhone 5, due to Apple's fault (introducing the iPhone 4 on verizon a few months before the iphone 5 relase).

Minor spec update?
Apple never released a minor spec update for any of their iPhones.
3G to 3GS was pretty big, contrary to popular belief.

The iPhone 5 will have Dual Core processors, that itself makes it a major upgrade. Apart from other features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.