iPhone 5 confirmed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cward0715, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Bkfraiders7 macrumors member

Since Cincinnati only uses HSPA+, I see "4G" as not LTE. But the A5, 8MP, 32GB, 4Inch screen sounds nice...maybe even a little 720P action

2. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

+full HD 1080p recording

3. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

Now if that is the phone that Apple announces, goodbye Droid X, hello iPhone 5!

4. cward0715 thread starter macrumors regular

5. Bkfraiders7 macrumors member

Went and looked cause I had suspicion with the (C) being 2010 and yep that parts legit. But this could always be shopped

6. brodas macrumors regular

7. Bkfraiders7 macrumors member

Something else odd.. the 16GB IPhone 4 is $649 off contract while this one says $699. Hmmmm maybe Apple has given us a 4inch Screen for an additional $50?

8. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I honestly don't see why people are still doubting the existence of iPhone 5. It's one of Apple's greatest kept secrets, and it's looking like Apple is trying hard to lower expectations before their announcement so they can smash through them with the redesigned iPhone 5.

The only doubt I had in my mind was whether or not Apple would dual release the 5 with the lower budget 4S. But it's looking like that's confirmed now. ;)

9. cheesesteak22 macrumors member

10. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

LOL, the rumors are spreading like wildfire now. Absolutely don't know what to believe, except physical evidence. That's why i'm only going by the cases.

From the looks of it though, we might be seeing an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S. Hmm..

11. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

Oh snapple! Jello shot jello shot jello shot jello shot

12. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

That sounds like an intentional leak from Apple. I don't think they'd be stupid enough to put the iPhone 5 out on an iTunes beta. You know, the same software that geniuses and developers look at to leak Apple's secret info.

13. cward0715 thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly my line of thought

14. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

I highly doubt Cincinnati Bell would have inside info on the iPhone 5.

15. cheesesteak22 macrumors member

Why do you think apple would intentionally release something that would blunt the building hype of a redesigned iPhone? Apple (supposedly) "leaks" information via WSJ owned news sites or Bloomberg. Releasing detailed info about a new handset in their own software was most likely a mistake since the beta was pulled the second it was discovered.

Look, I want a redesigned iPhone just as much as everyone else, and am still holding out hope mainly because of the cases that have been arriving at AT&T stores. But the overwhelming majority of sources have pointed to a minor spec bump only.

I'm crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.

16. knck out macrumors member

geee maybe there trying to keep the product locked down? u know to avoid what happened last year?

if the ip5 was coded in then there also would be a picture and everything about it, that would have been a full leak.....no need for the oct 4 event

17. cheesesteak22 macrumors member

I am not saying anything about this. I am saying that it is unlikely that they would have only put the 4s into the code and not the 5. I don't believe this was an intentional leak, and that the only phone is the 4s.

18. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

They would intentionally leak a 4S to lower expectations ahead of the announcement. Just like how they always forecast lower quarterly profits so they can exceed their expectations.

My point is that Apple has not done enough to lower the hype of the iPhone 5. Remember how they shot down the rumors of a Sept 7th announcement by using very legit news sites such as AllthingsD and The Loop? And how every rumor site was reporting that no new hardware was being released in WWDC 2011. That's much more aggressive than the lame things we have heard so far: which is few rumors here and there saying 4S and an iTunes beta leak.

If Apple didn't want to disappoint, they would have shot down any rumors of a redesign at least in September via legit news sites like The Loop and AllthingsD to make sure that the public and investors aren't disappointed. They wouldn't have let the hype grow into what it is today.

19. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Did you actually read the article? There was a 4S and a 5 listed on the site.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Please keep in mind the latest iTunes is still a beta. The final version might very well have info on the iPhone 5 since Apple doesnt seem to care to much about the iPhone 4S leaks.

21. cheesesteak22, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011

cheesesteak22 macrumors member

People honestly think of apple like paranoid schizophrenics think about the government. The medical term for what people on this forum are doing is Denial/Bargaining. Trying to postulate how it could work out if x, y and z happen.

I understand what you are saying and I hope that your reasoning is correct (which is plausible, but again, sounds like bargaining).

But as I said before, I'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

----------

Yes, I did. Of those two sources only one of that can be reliably trusted for information about an upcoming apple product.

22. Mr.C macrumors 601

No sources can be trusted. We will only know the truth when Apple presents it's keynote speech on Tuesday. Until then nothing that is reported whether it's through third parties or Apple software is all rumour and speculation. You can believe what you want as far as I'm concerned Tuesday's keynote speech is when we will get the actual truth behind Apple's plans.