Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
64gb flash
redesign or some type of fix with the antenna
faster specs
improvement in camera quality
On Verizon

Honestly iPhone 5 isn't going to be a big deal in improvements, you will see a better upgrade in the iPhone 6th generation.

So if you have the iPhone 4, stick with the 2 year contract and when the 6th generation comes out, you will get a worthy upgrade.

Heres what I believe we will see in the 6th generation

-3.7" or 4" screen size. Unlikely. With Apple portable device screen sizes stay the same whilst resolution goes up.
-10MP camera. Unlikely...8 maybe. The current camera is one of the best in class right now even at 5MP. Most likely the front facing cam will be bumped to 2.0MP or 3.2MP too
-4G. Will depend on carrier progress/implementation status
-Slimmer. Highly probable
-Maybe an Super OMLED Retina display. Nope, if anything they'll downgrade to TN based retina displays like those shipping in the Touch.
-Wireless syncing (this could as well be done with software update and be on the previous gen iPhones but it will be announced along with the new iPhone 6th gen). They'll point you to Mobileme.
-Very fast processor. Probably A4(5?) based on Cortex A9MPCore.
-1080P video. Doubt it, likely to be too much bandwidth even for 2012
-Facetime on 4G. Maybe, again depends on carriers.
-Home button now is a SIDE button so apple can utilize the front of the iPhone for more screen size. No. iPhone...not BlackBerry with jog dial.
-A physical camera button. Hahaha...no, not whilst steve/johny ive are still there
-Liquid metal enclosure. Probable

Anymore you can think of let me know.

See comments in bold.

It'll be upgraded in parts that are linked to money making for Apple i.e. iTunes apps. So faster CPU, more memory, more storage, better GPU, larger battery. Then the goodies from the goody bag i.e. slimmer design, and two or 3 new features in the OS department.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
What I want...

4G support
1.2GHz Dual Core Cortex A9(most likely it'll be underclocked so, 1GHz dual core)
64GB storage
1GB RAM
8MP camera with 1080p recording
PowerVR 540/543 GPU
Micro usb port
microSD slot
Bluetooth 3.0
Camera button

iOS5...

1080p video decoding
divx/xvid/mkv support
REAL multitasking, i.e. kirikae+backgrounder
Widgets on the springboard
Themes
Integrated SIP support
Free navigation with an ability to download maps to use them offline
Ability to change SMS/email tones
Full Bluetooth support, sending files, contacts, syncing, etc...
Mass Storage Support on Windows
Alarm needs a configurable snooze function
Better Notification System.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.