Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Don't know if you have been in similar situation but for me it happened long time ago. Not talking generally about iphones but about gadgets. I had problems with my laptop and smartphone, went to service center and baaam no issues, they couldnt replicate issue, everything worked fine. Later came back to home and same issue appeared again... ;D

That seems to happen a lot. It seems that there is some kind of magic Wi-Fi dust in the air at the Apple store. ;)

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
If the Genius can't replicate it, then they can't replicate it. They are just following company policy. I'm glad the OP got a replacement in the end but bagging the Genius but he can't find a fault is odd. If the problems were as bad as the OP mentioned, he should have been able to replicate it even it means having to play with the phone for 20 minutes.

The only problem with your theory is that 1: the phone had problems RANDOMLY not every 20 minutes, and 2: the genius would only look at it for like 5 cuz he had another appointment.

Think before you post next time.

S

syd430

The only problem with your theory is that 1: the phone had problems RANDOMLY not every 20 minutes, and 2: the genius would only look at it for like 5 cuz he had another appointment.

Think before you post next time.

Nothing in your post invalidates anything I said. Again, if the genius can't find any issue at all, and they still replace it, then it's out of goodwill. It happens "randomly" but can't be replicated within 20 minutes of constant use? I highly doubt you had a hardware problem. Believe me, the genius replaced it because he didn't want to waste time arguing, which turns out to be more cost effective from a business perspective.

GBPackerFan

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2013
I had the same issue and found a fix for me at least. Go to settings; general; reset; reset network settings. After I did that my phone was back to being super fast and no freezing at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.