iPhone 5 GB Bump?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Incredible, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

At first the iPhones had 4GB & 8GB, than it had 8GB & 16GB, and now it's at 16GB & 32GB.

Will the iPhone 5 (or maybe the iPhone 6?) have 32GB & 64GB?

It's very much possible. I really hope the same for the iPad 3 (32GB, 64GB, & 128GB).

Thoughts?

2. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Who knows! All is speculation and rumours, just wait until it's released to find out.

3. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Agreed. I think sometimes people think we know everything haha Maybe go some sort of Psychic?

In fact I happen to be one.

Here are some things which will change:

Better camera
    Different name
    Faster

When its announced you'll see I can see into the future :p

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I have no idea, but if it gets 64gb (For $299) I'll be switching back from Android.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I hope so. My 32gb iPhone is already full, and I want so many more apps!

6. GenesisST macrumors 68000

GenesisST

You will get the "you don't need that" because of iCloud comments, etc.

I, for one, am thinking of letting go of my data plan and stay voice only when my contract expire would appreciate 64gb. I am most of the time on WIFI, plus my provider has day or week passes should I need GPS for travel, etc.

I have about 100GB of music (all, but about 50 tracks legal which I'm looking for, really!) and never really know what I want to listen to during the day.

Plus iCloud will not be available in all countries, for music and movies at least for a little while.

7. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I think that Apple will decide you don't need 64gig.

8. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

9. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

iCloud doesn't help save space in any way:

It isn't a streaming service, it let's you redownload your music. This costs space.

It doesn't store your photos for online viewing. It just makes multiple copies and stores them on all your devices.

It doesn't it doesn't let you access your app data in the cloud. It just backs it up.

In what way would Apple iCloud save anyone any space?

10. dmx macrumors 6502a

I think there is a pretty good chance that there will be a 64GB choice, especially considering a 64GB iPhone 4 prototype was leaked.

11. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I hope so also but because of the smaller screen an64gb version isn't that desired by me

12. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

I think the possibility of more storage is based on two things. The iPhone's design and the price of flash. Of course, flash goes up and down, even despite them being of the most biggest companies that buy up the world's flash supply...

Anyways, you also have to remember that the iPhone can only fit one flash stick, unlike the iPod's two... So if flash makers can get 64 GB or 128 GB on one stick with a decent price, then it is possible. However, in my opinion, I think that might come out later on in the next 5 - 10 years....

13. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It won't if you use your iDevice the same way you always have. But if you take advantage of iCloud's features then you don't need to keep everything locally.

14. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

4gb iPhone 1 came out for about 2 months before it was pulled out. Then a couple months later, the 16gb came out.

15. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Yes you will have to keep everything locally. I cannot think of any instance where iCloud actually supplants physical storage. It's just a way to keep all your data in sync across devices.

16. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

17. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

18. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Same here. So instead of picking 25 GB of what I think I want to listen to in the morning before I leave the house and be stuck with it until I get home, I'll be able to sync, say, 5 GB of "must have" and then download from my library whatever comes to mind during the day. I'm a packrat and a hoarder but trying to carry my entire collection around with me doesn't seem reasonable, but downloading on demand does.

19. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I think it would be great if Apple would put all your purchased music as viewable on the iPod list. Maybe grayed out or something. Then it could download them when you play the song and delete it a certain amount of time after you're done.

20. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes, that's why they are all automatically stored on your computer forever. They only roll off of iDevices unless you save them to the camera roll or an album.

21. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I should have clarified that I was referring to iTunes Match because I've only bought a few albums from iTunes. With that service all the music I own will be displayed on the iDevice and I can download any of it, listen to it, delete it (locally) and then get more.

22. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Do you mean that photos are no longer stored on the device and are on the photo stream instead? If so, that's awesome! If not, I still stand by the fact that iCloud doesn't save any space.

23. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I would like for a 32gb iPhone to come at the $199 price point on contract. I can make do with 16gb, but I would be much better off with 32gb of space.

24. Aadi93 macrumors newbie

You can't be sure whether the Iphone 5 and the new Ipad is going to have 64GB or not until the official announcement by Apple. However, looking at how it has been going so far, I think there is a high probability that the new Iphone 5 will support 64GB as the users requirements in terms of storage space are ever growing. [​IMG]

25. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Let's hope the pricing of flash will also be decent for 1 stick of 64GB.... IF not, than no 64GB flash for the iPhone....