iPhone 5 hires shots leaked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mttcee, May 28, 2012.

1. mttcee macrumors newbie

I think this must be a fake but the shot looks surprisingly real:

http://versusio.com/en/apple-iphone-5-64gb-vs-apple-iphone-4s-64gb
    (in original size)

- The Screen measures exactly 4"
    I measured with a tapeline. Before you measure yourself calibrate your screen on Versus IO with the tool in the top right corner

- I mixed the Versus pic with the front cover image appeared few days ago. The front covers opening is a little larger than the screen (as all current iOS devices) and is 4,1":

- The pixel density stay exactly the same (326 ppi) with 4" and 640 x 1136.

- On their blog they say that these are leaked press shots from the same source Reuters had few days ago

I attached both the shot from Versus IO and my collage.

Attached Files:

2. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

If this is all Apple's got after 2+ years of development then they are in sad shape. That is pathetic.

3. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

When Jon Ivy said Apple's best work is still to come I hope he wasn't talking about a design like that. Also, it's probably fake.

5. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

I think not. Apple might have get away with 4S but this time competition is just to big.

6. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

I think so, what they will do is release the phone on carrier that dont yet have iPhone, smaller region carriers, every generation of iPhone that been release sold more than the previous, I don't see how it will stop now, and don't forget iOS 6, that will also factor in with the hardware. I do hope that is not the new iPhone though, looks awarkward

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Anyone who truly believes this is a real press shot is in sad shape. The "press shots" of the iPhone with the flare effects on it is easily reproduced on Photoshop, and is a rendering.

In fact, you can make the template easily, or get one for free from many sources. All anyone has to do is elongate the image, and you have an "iPhone 5."

8. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I think there will be more of a dramatic change. Probably more along the lines of what the 4S rumors were.

9. Jedii macrumors regular

Reminds me an Android. I wouldn't mind a bigger screen, not a bigger phone.

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I think who ever made these "press shots" is dumb beyond measure.

The iPod icon has not been used for some time now. ;)

11. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I hope this isn't it I would like to see a bit more of a design change :apple:

12. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]
    This tall 16:9 aspect ratio iPhone 5 designs that I see floating around has to be one of the ugliest phones ever. Who in their right mind would think that this is an acceptable design for a smartphone? Smartphones were never designed to have a wide screen aspect ratio especially at such small screen sizes. Also the glass front and back design while 'revolutionary' in 2010, pales in comparison to recent smart phone designs like the HTC One X and Lumia 900. It is extremely fragile and too smooth to hold. No way is Apple going to keep that same design. I just wish people stopped posting these pictures. They svck.

13. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Even if it was a new iPhone, its probably in a iPhone 4S or 4 body to conceal it, if its just for testing internals or a new screen. But I still say fake.

14. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I seriously doubt these 'taller' iPhone rumors. I believe John Gruber is right when he states that if they go 4", they'll simply decrease the size of the top and bottom bezel and fit the 4" screen on the current form factor.

15. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

If for no other reason, you can tell that these aren't real by looking at the signal strength bars. They haven't looked like that since before antennagate.

16. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

While anything is possible with Apple, I'd be awfully surprised if they didn't redesign the iPhone this year.

17. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I honestly hope you're right. I'm hoping for a better case design as well, I hate the chocolate sandwich look the iPhone 4/4s has.

18. PatrickW98 macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

19. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

It needs to be made entirely of plastic, with a pop off battery cover and the whole thing needs to bend and flex in the hand. :rolleyes:

20. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I agree. And another thing: Apple always changes the default background with every new iPhone and iPad launch. And the last thing: it has still got the old signal bars (the current ones are better visible and longer).

21. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

One thing's for sure, Apple is pretty good at internal product secrecy.

22. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

clearly just a mockup along with guess hardware upgrade details..... why people would think this is real baffles me

23. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

April 2010: http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

iPad 2 design and functionality was also leaked. iPhone 4S was also leaked. A5X chip iPad 3 was also leaked (+ same design was also leaked).

The iPhone 4 would have been even bigger if it had not leaked (because until the Gizmodo story, there was really little information about the successor of the iPhone 3GS).

24. ric275 macrumors member

ric275

Fake

This is obviously fake, the phone is running iOS 4!