iPhone 5 Info - No white iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeChrii, Apr 22, 2011.

1. DeChrii, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011

DeChrii macrumors member

Hey all thought I would share some information that I got from a foxconn employee. My uncle use to work with foxconn and his friend who currently works there gave him some info on the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 (mainly cause I was sharing my thoughts on my predictions, so he called him to see what he knew.) Now I don't have any written sources but these info listed below are what he told my uncle.

No iPhone 4 white. (they aren't even building them so that's that; if the iPhone 4 white does end up coming out then I guess that confirms that these information are most likely fake)

iPhone 5 information

-Redesign (how shocking knowing Apple loved the iPhone 4 design) back of the iPhone will be curved (probably like the iPhone 3G or ipad2)
    -Same 3.5" screen (makes sense so the resolution does not change for apps)
    -Both white and black iPhones
    -Improved sensor (I forgot the name...gyroscope? The sensor for tilting etc on games will be improved)
    -no lte

Now he didn't announce the release date but my uncle predicts September or October. Again this part is just a prediction.
    My uncles friend (foxconn worker) says that the iPhone 5 does not look too great although thats just his personal opinion.

There will be more information in June and July so if the iPhone 4 white never comes out, then I will keep this post updated.

2. iLucas macrumors 6502

First of all, the iPhone screen is 3.5" right now according to apples web site so the screen can't be the same if its 3.2" :cool:

3. celticpride678

You lost me there. :)

4. DeChrii thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I had 3.5 written down fixed my spelling error. Thanks for pointing that out!

To celtic, the reason he called was cause I was discussing my predictions.

5. celticpride678

I understand that, perfectly fine. But what I'm not going to believe is that you actually got top-secret information from an uncle.

6. DeChrii thread starter macrumors member

Not just an uncle...a super uncle :p
    I got the info from a employee at foxconn. Honestly I don't believe it until it's announced by apple, but I just thought it'd be interesting to post what I heard. If it wasn't from an foxconn employee, I wouldnt even bother.

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

never under-estimate ..."SuperUncle" :cool:

8. celticpride678

And this is also what everyone says when they post something like this. Again, believe it or don't believe - that's your choice. I'm going with the latter and I didn't even read the entire OP

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

it's a plane! no it's a bird! it's

[​IMG]

10. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

A highly doubt a Foxconn employee would know what the iPhone 5 would look like, as production hasn't even started yet. Just following the latest rumors, if it's true the iPhone 5 will have a September release date, production will not start 5 months in advance. That is just absurd. I'm sure Apple isn't even completely set on what they're going to release yet. They probably have a few different models they are deciding on. This is silly.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

April fools was 22 days ago buddy, you're a bit late. ;)

12. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

13. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

LOL nice!

As for the story, I'm sure he speaks from the heart. However, I'm thinking he is getting second/third hand information. Anyone that has information on the next gen iPhone or iDevice DOES NOT speak about it unless authorized. They will be hit with a lawsuit so fast if they do. I'm sorry, but this is one of those things that's accidently found. It's just not information freely given to other people who aren't "read into" a Secret program. But then again, i could be way wrong. :)

14. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

And why would you think that? Just because a iPhone 4 (white) was leaked in Europe, it doesn't mean its a Europe edition iPhone.
    I just hope that the next iPhone is as easy to open as the iPhone 4.

15. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

What do you mean easy to open?

I think that because the US hasn't seen a single thing pop up about it. And if it is going to come out in 4 days now, why hasn't Apple said anything at all?

16. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nah, there has to be a white version coming in the US. It just hasn't been leaked yet.

easy to open as in taking off the back cover. I wanted to replace the back cover with a different color since its so easy to open the iphone 4.

17. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

That'll be the same white iPhone 4 that's been sold by a Vodafone store in the UK and earmarked for a April 27th release?

:rolleyes:

18. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Ah got it. My girlfriend really wants the white because her 3GS one died last morning. Getting the black one today and hopefully exchanging in 4 days.

19. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Is there a difference between the official white iPhone 4 and the one from the conversion kit?

20. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

21. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

if they keep the same puny screen, i don't care what the next iphone looks like, i'm not buying it.

22. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

[​IMG]

23. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I thought apple didn't start producing iPhones until a couple of months before release? So a sept/oct release means production starts about june/july?

24. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

thanks for the info OP.

I swear sometimes people forget that name of this website.