iPhone Iphone 5 Issues pleaseee helpp!!! :(

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rikselt, Sep 14, 2013.

1. rikselt macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I just updated my iphone 5 to ios 7 without the developers acc. everything was fine when suddenly my iphone started acting strange and went out with a hazzy screen. now when i turn on my iphone it shows the pic on the screen to connect to itunes. i did connect to my latest updated itune and it told me that i have to recover my iPhone and while i did that a message poped up in my laptop screen saying (Error 21) and now i cant restore nor recover. i cant use my phone at all now. when ever i try oning it the screen shows up as saying connect to itunes. pleaseeeee help :(((( :confused:

2. SimsDelt macrumors member

My friend... A google search of "error 21 iTunes" came up with about 50 websites and videos on how to fix it. Search yourself next time just a little bit and you will find the answer... If you can, then come here. Also, if you aren't a developer don't do experimental things if you don't know how to fix them.

Here is a YouTube video that will walk you through it.

http://youtu.be/_G3zYii1r_w

3. chumps52 macrumors regular

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Put the phone in DFU mode and hit restore in itunes, it wil restore to 6.1.4

5. rikselt thread starter macrumors newbie

hi i did try everything like for example used tinyumbrella and it shows up as the Set host to Cydia already check off. i am using a macbook pro too, please help

6. SimsDelt macrumors member

Google search "how to fix iTunes error 21 on Mac" there will be about 100 sites and videos that will walk you through it

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Put the phone in DFU and restore w/ iTunes.

You can't do normal restore w/ iTunes if you are in iOS7 since it hasn't come out yet.

8. SimsDelt macrumors member

9. rikselt thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried restoring my device back to 6.1.4 but now it shows me (The IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED. THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD) pleasee help and do you think if i register myself as developer, will that fix the issue cause i really need my Iphone to work :(

----------

I tried restoring my device back to 6.1.4 but now it says Since i am not a developer so it shows me (The IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED. THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD) pleasee help and do you think if i register myself as developer, will that fix the issue cause i really need my Iphone to work :(

10. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

Did you try DFU mode? Press the power button for 4 seconds, then the home and power button together for 15 seconds, and press the home button for 10 seconds until the screen is dark. Then press restore and set it up as a new iPhone. When you are done, sync your apps or restore to your latest working backup.

11. SimsDelt macrumors member

You aren't in DFU mode. Google search "how to put in DFU mode iPhone 5". Then restore.

12. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Hopefully after being told 5 times to put it in DFU mode he will finally do so...

13. rikselt thread starter macrumors newbie

i was using io7 on my iphone 5 for days after after few days my phone screen went all black and hazzy that i am facing right now and now it is always on DFU mode for some reason, i cant see the home screen at all and when i connect it to itunes its says recover and when i restore it to 6.1.4 and error shows up saying (The IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED. THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD) and i cant restore it at all.

first it said error 21 so i google it and tried all the methods like tiny umbrella but its still not working and now it says(The IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED. THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD) when i try to restore it. pleaseee help

14. AboutThisMac macrumors member

15. rikselt thread starter macrumors newbie

after the problem with my iphone, my iphone is always in DFU mode and i cant restore when i do it shows me (The IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED. THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD) this:(

16. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

17. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

afaik if you were in DFU mode the screen would be black and you wouldn't see the connect to itunes icon...

18. SimsDelt macrumors member

I don't think you are in DFU. Follow the instructions to DFU your phone and manually download the 6.1.4 firmware and alt-restore in ITunes.

19. rikselt thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried it still pops up as (The IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED. THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD) :( please helpppp

20. SimsDelt macrumors member

Apple is still signing 6.1.4 so the message you are getting is probably due to error 21. You need to fix your host file like u told you in my first post. Then DFU (do it and make sure you are in DFU instead of assuming you are there) then alt-restore in iTunes using the correct 6.1.4 firmware you downloaded.

21. rikselt thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried that too, i downloaded the firmware, pressed alt and clicked ipsw 6.1.4 and still the error pops up as (The IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED. THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD) :( please helpppp

22. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

I don't understand why you won't just listen to us. You asked for help, so we are doing our best to help. Therefore, instead of arguing, just listen to us. We know that your screen has the connect to iTunes logo. That doesn't mean it is in DFU mode. It could also mean it is corrupted (which it is right now) and it needs to be put into DFU mode. So look at my earlier post and do what I told you to do. Right now, you sound bogus.

23. rikselt thread starter macrumors newbie

believe me i tried everything my phone after the problem it is always on DFU mode.
    i tried that too, i downloaded the firmware, pressed alt and clicked ipsw 6.1.4 and still the error pops up as (The IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED. THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD) :( please helpppp

24. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

Hold the power and home button together until it boots up.

25. rikselt thread starter macrumors newbie

believe me i went on hundreds of sites and still i cant find the solution at all.

i downloaded the firmware, pressed alt and clicked ipsw 6.1.4 and still the error pops up as (The IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED. THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD) :( after the problem occured my phone is either off and when i turn it on its aways on DFU mode :( pleaseee help

----------

yes i have tried DFU mode like several times now and the error message pops up at last saying (The IPHONE COULD NOT BE RESTORED. THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD) :( pleasee helppppp