Iphone 5 not charging. Hopefully this can get fixed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by carlosbab3605, Feb 20, 2013.

1. carlosbab3605 macrumors newbie

Hello

I iphone 5 is not charging in my 2007 impala. First I thought it was a fuse but my old iphone 4 charger still works. The charger i have is the scosche 5w charger. Hopefully this is a easy fix. thanks for your help

2. carlosbab3605 thread starter macrumors newbie

maybe

do you think that the car cant handle the watts thats required? or maybe a fuses is required that cant handle it?

3. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

Does it charge in your house? If it charges fine normally, then you may have received a defective charger for your car.

4. carlosbab3605 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry I didn't finish what happened. I plugged it into another car and it worked. I just doesnt work in my car. The car works because my iPhone 4 charger works.

5. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

Do other things charge in the port you charged your iPhone in? Such as a GPS

6. carlosbab3605 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. My GPS, my iPhone 4 charger works, and my wife's droid works in my car. Just not my iPhone 5 charger

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Time to buy a new car:)

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If you can, check the Voltage and Amps being pumped from the outlet. (Hint: Use a Multimeter for this).