iPhone 5 Release Date

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NutsNGum, Apr 6, 2011.

1. NutsNGum, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011

NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Alright folks, I'm not one to often start a thread of my own. However, in this case I think I might just give it a go.

I just got off the phone to a Three Mobile UK customer rep, outbound sales nonsense. Garbage. However, he somewhat casually dropped the alleged iPhone 5 release date into the conversation as being August 6th :confused: Apparently put back from the 24th of June for one reason or another.

If this isn't news please feel free to lock the thread, but I was a bit confused.

How he would know that is beyond me.

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It shouldn't be beyond you at all. He knows nothing about the release date.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Like any customer rep would be told such a sensitive fact. They know even less then we do with regard to apple news.

4. NutsNGum thread starter macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Time will tell I suppose. The specific nature of the dates is what confused me.

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

His guess is as good as anyone else's. Nobody knows except for a few Cupertino kids.

6. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

7. NutsNGum thread starter macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

That's a little condescending don't you think? I'm sure people working day-in day-out for a mobile telecoms company are likely to know great deal more than most of us about which handsets are released when.

I suspected this might become a flame-grill of a topic as soon as I'd posted it. Almost everything on these boards is met with a sort of Dawkins-esque zeal of denial.

8. Merkie macrumors 68020

They don't know anything about future Apple products. It has nothing to do with denial.

9. NutsNGum thread starter macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Well, I'm still going to go and put a tenner on it at the bookies. If it is the date, I'll buy it unlocked from the Apple Store with my winnings!

10. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Not true at all. Just because you're working for a mobile telecoms company doesn't mean you get an inside scoop of Apple.

11. NutsNGum thread starter macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Oh, wait? Really? Because I was under the impression that all outboard call-centre employees of the UK's smallest mobile network get a 10 year pre-release schedule wall-hanging bedroom calendar for all of Apple's future smartphone releases.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No insult was intended but rather that any information regarding unleased products are NOT told to customer service reps until such time that it would be beneficial to the company. You know why tell a customer rep when the iPhone is going to be released only to have him blab it to every tom dick or harry.

No front line folks (who may work very hard) are kept in the dark.

13. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

i always wondered about case manufacturers. they'd surely know ahead of most people.

14. SharepointGuy macrumors member

SharepointGuy

I'm sure a few select do, but many do not. Case in point, the Otterbox cases for the iPhone 4 took a few weeks after launch to be released because they didn't know the design until a few weeks before the launch.

15. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

16. iFiend macrumors 65816

win

17. FPSMadPaul macrumors newbie

Bi-winning

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

18. joebrown84 macrumors newbie

joebrown84

If this is true, and that's a very big 'if', it's great news. However, I tend to place mobile phone shopworkers just above estate agents and Arsenal fans in the league table of annoying tw*ts.

19. NutsNGum thread starter macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Say what you want about the fans man, but the players sure know how to get an ex-girlfriend up the duff!!

20. Harpoon Spoon macrumors regular

New releases usually fall on a Tuesday or a Thursday. I would think that the June 24th release would be improbable

21. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Its pretty much fact that this rep would not be the only rep that would have said information should it be true.
    And with this fact, then the information would be out and about all over the place.
    But since its not, its most likely a guess on his/her part.

However, myself on the other hand..I know the exact date when they'll announce the 5 and also when it will be released to the public.

....I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. ;)

22. elan123 macrumors 6502

know it all!

23. Schweitzer macrumors regular

24. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If the rumors of iPhone 5 are true, about being delayed till fall, then I believe it; however, those are just rumors and the reps guess is as good as mine.

25. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    i would not listen to anything those putrid %$^%$ at three-uk say
    they really are abysmal! Can not wait till IP5 comes and i can go back to o2