Iphone 5 replacement - totally crap!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mich070, Sep 29, 2014.

1. mich070 macrumors regular

Good morning everbody!

I am an owner of an iphone 5 and until now i didn't reall need a newer iphone then that one. I had some battery problems with my phone these last weeks and i send it in to apple and got a new refurbished iphone 5 with ios 7.1.2 back!
    I checked it on ibackbooot (or how the programm is called) how old my battery was and how it was keeping on, and the first day I used my phone, it lasted me for ages! I was down at 1% with 11hours on usage! I was feeling so happy, because this remembered me back in the days with ios 6!
    The next day, i seriously getting crappy battery life. 6h30... Like ******** as never before! Can svy pls explain me what happened??? And why is it only possible to get that low battery usage level?! I only use my phone for some calls, text messages whatsappinga and facebook, like the same as before!

Attached Files:

2. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Delete Facebook and watch your battery life again.

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

11 hours of screen on time is not realistic for an iPhone 5 and is not what you should be expecting to get. 6 and a half hours of screen on time is more realistic and is damn good for a iPhone 5.

The day you got that number you probably just had music playing with the screen turned off which falsely inflated the number.

Do the normal battery saving tricks that everyone knows already (delete facebook, turn off background app refresh, turn on automatic brightness, etc) and see what happens over the next week.

If it's still bad then go to the Apple store and have a genius run their diagnostic tool to make sure the battery is healthy.

4. mich070 thread starter macrumors regular

Nono, i have no music on my phone, and actually i was checking all the time my battery stats, so that i didnt see any phantom usage.
    On ios 7 getting only 6hours and a half! That s like nothing to get over the phone on a day! On ios 6 i was getting 9 hours i really don't get it!
    Furthermore, here in Luxembourg we don't have an appstore, everything goes through the operator, so if i send my phone in and if the won't see any abnormal problem i will have to pay 50 bucks to get my phone back. I really have no clue what i should do!

----------

There is no change if i delete facebook or not. I already checked this a few months before with my other phone. Not really a change.... My background refresh option is also off

5. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

6.5 hrs is better than I usually get ever. Don t complain.

6. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

7. mich070 thread starter macrumors regular

I am only on wifi all the time :). Quitted my internet connection for my phone