Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
I wouldn't like that, the iPod touch's sleep button is way too recessed at the back IMO.

Karnivore

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
I like the thickness of the current phone just fine. My only wish is for a tad bigger screen. 4" would be the sweet spot IMO.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
I wouldn't like that, the iPod touch's sleep button is way too recessed at the back IMO.

"recessed"? Do you even know what the word means? It certainly isn't recessed at all, it just slid down onto the top curve a little. Not a big deal, not at ALL hard to find or press.

Fussy fussy!

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
When I saw the new iPhone 4 revealed and they said they wanted it thinner, I couldn't understand why.

Unless they were going to come out with some sort of breakthrough battery/power technology, based on previous generations, the iPhone could have benefited from a larger battery, even if it meant increasing the thickness by a tenth or even a fifth of a millimeter.

IMO, the compromise would have been worth it.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
i dont want it any thinner. The thickness is fine, there wont be many other smartphones out in the next few years as thin as the iPhone so the thickness of the iPhone 4 will be fine for a while.

bigger screen and bigger battery i do want however!

TruckdriverSean

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2009
Texas, US
Brick? Damn dude, that's harsh.

While I would love a 4" iPhone that's made of titanium and even thinner than the iPod Touch, it's VERY unlikely that they'll change anything about the form factor in the iPhone 5.

Also, as stated earlier, battery technology is not progressing at the same rate as other parts of the tech world (namely processors), so with the iPhone needing to power more radios (cell, GPS) and with Apple's focus on long battery life (compared to their competition), we're not likely to see much thinner phones from them anytime soon.

Last edited:

ELItheICEman

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2010
Farmington, NY
What I don't understand is why the OP created such an idiotic and misleading title in the form of a statement (of fact, seemingly) when the thread is nothing more than "Oh, I wish Apple would do this with the next iPhone. I <3 toothpick-sized phones LAWL".

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Im sure the thread starter is a bot. He seems to rarely reply once another random useless topic has been started. Besides isnt everyone wise to it yet? He (it?) has been talking total rubbish on here since the iPhone4 came out.:rolleyes:

oilfighter

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008
I own the newest iPod touch. While I like how thin and pocket-able it is, i know I'll drop it if I were to use it as a phone. It's just too thin, almost to the point where you have no where to hang on to.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Also consider you need some space for a battery, I would rather have a device like the iP4 now with a bettery battery then one I have to charge every hour just because it is so slim.

I like the device now, however faster CPU, more memory, ability to customize the whole way it looks, and maybe different colors, however I love my iP4 the way it is.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Thats the same opinion my girlfriend has... :/

174ccee0226013d.gif

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
In this age of advancing technology, sooner or later, sometime or later,
Apple will make the iPhone slimmer.

It would be Awesome if the iPhone 5 would be as slim as the iPod touch 4th Gen. iPhone 4 is just like a brick :cool:

You obviously don't know engineering. :rolleyes:

The iPhone 4 camera is thicker than iPod touch. Think about it.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Aah sweet! A troll thread!
OP just stop. Seriously. Do you want to be an old man and have nothing better to tell your grandkids than "when I was your age I trolled this Apple fan site because my life was empty and I was forever alone"?

mallom

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I don't know if I would like to have a bigger screen.
Unless they would do something improve the battery life.

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
i want the phone to read my mind. I hate having to lift my finger to swipe and tap my way through. Just read my mind and do it.

oh and a longer battery life.
full screen across the front would be nice

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
with the iPhone 3G most people were saying it was the perfect thickness and that they didn't want it any thinner. now the same is being said about the iPhone 4. If Apple makes the iPhone 5 as thin as the iPod, people will love it and say it's juuuust perfect.

What I'm saying is that I want it to be thinner

Dumbledorelives

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2010
OP just stop. Seriously. Do you want to be an old man and have nothing better to tell your grandkids than "when I was your age I trolled this Apple fan site because my life was empty and I was forever alone"?

Not to be picky, but if he was forever alone, how did he end up with grandkids?

lilcosco08

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2010
Dayton

Forever_alone.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.