Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hummus

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2012
...well, within reason, of course. If it were 300+ms, it'd be terrible. But 55ms to to 115 wouldn't be noticeable unless you were specifically going out of your way to look for it.

Apologies for replying to this a month late, but it is noticeable and I have always been bothered that my Galaxy S4 feels sluggish when typing as compared to my iPhone 4S. The higher the latency the greater the sense of disconnect between yourself and what you are manipulating onscreen via touch, which has an impact on the overall user experience and perception of "feel".

beegie

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2007
USA
After reading all 14 pages of this thread, it looks like the only good solution for my individual, heavy user (but non-techie person) "real life experience" NEEDS, is to have 2 dang phones:

1. Heavy typing, written research reports, heavy web researching/pinch/zoom = Winner is iPhone's Touchscreen Response.

2. Being able to organize 10,000 photos on an iDevice by Subject/Project/Folders (not by Date/Time/Location/People/Faces/Vacations/Collections/Moments, etc. & all the other useless non-"intelligent" organizing ideas stupid Apple comes up with) = Winner would be Android as at least I hear it has a QuickPic app that lets you organize pics INSIDE the native camera roll by Subject/Folders.

The real bear is going to be how to attach the collected/organized pics on Android to the individual research projects typed on iPhone.

Life is grand! :-/ (heavy heavy sarcasm)

Last edited:

nervouschicken1

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2013
Eh, I got rid of my computers and just render with an Android device. It does HD encoding about 1000X as fast and the 5 inch screen with the higher PPI than an iPhone is better for watching movies so I got rid of all my big screen TV's. Everyone just huddles around the phone and they say the difference is just so much better.

Google went to the year 3013..... I think; with their time machine to nab Android so it is pretty advanced.

That is the most retarded thing I have ever read.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.