iPhone 5 video outed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Muad'Dib, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Muad'Dib, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

Muad'Dib macrumors 6502

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNXYCLZfS5o

Tweeted by 9to5 Mac here
    https://twitter.com/9to5mac/status/118909760547463168

Looks like an iPhone 4 to me.

Edit: To be clear, this is not supposed to be a video of a production iPhone 5. It is a video of one of the dev units, an iPhone 4 case w/ upgraded processor. They are using this video to show off the new GPU.

2. charliecc macrumors regular

3. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

If that's the final screen size I'm going for an HTC Titan. Hopefully that's just a developers model

4. gta50419 macrumors 6502

came in expecting iPhone 5 video, left disappointed.
    that's the iPhone 4.....

5. Neocron macrumors member

Em.. why is it showing Facebook in Settings? Thought there's only Twitter integration...

6. psonice macrumors 6502a

I suspect it's fake. It would make zero sense for apple to leave 2 GPUs in the iphone, and to provide that for developers would mean making a custom phone and probably custom chips, plus custom firmware to support it. All for the benefit of not having to use 2 iPhones for development, a 4 and a 5.

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

8. Neocron macrumors member

Well, maybe it's an iPhone 5 in an iPhone 4 case..

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Which is the developer phone no? Wasn't there. Story about it a few months ago?

10. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Something is confusing me, hopefully someone can explain:

This icon

Screen Shot 2011-09-28 at 12.13.11.png

(circled) appears on the iPod Touch, and not the iPhone

[​IMG]

However the phone icon appears in the video.
    Is this an iPhone or iPod Touch? Or am I missing something?

11. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

You're missing something. Go here and scroll down until "iOS 5 is compatible with:" and look at the screenies.

12. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Fake. I can't believe people buy into this stuff.... But since people are willing to believe that kind of stuff....

In other news I have an iPhone 5 prototype that I am selling, looks just like an iPhone 4. I am starting the bidding at $1000....

Like taking candy from a baby....

13. shandyman Suspended

as of iOS5, the iPod app has gone and is split into Video and Music on the iPhone

14. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

ah! Thank you.

Carry on...

15. profets macrumors 68040

Although the video could easily be fake, this part is interesting as well, seeing Facebook next to Twitter in the settings app.

16. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

Im not entirely sure I want facebook integration.

17. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Then you will be disappointed. Its amazing how many people are willing to switch to a completely (inferior in my opinion) OS because of the screen size.

See you when you switch back

18. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Agreed! While a SLIGHTLY larger screen might be nice most of the Android models are way to big, I like a phone that can fit nicely in my pocket without having my pants altered.

19. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Totally agree. I dont want a screen smaller than 4 inches too, but having switched to Android once and came back, I would simply hang on to my IP4 rather than upgrade.

20. profets macrumors 68040

In your opinion, what makes Android a completely inferior OS? I use both day to day, and can see how someone might enjoy one OS over the other, but "completely inferior" seems a bit harsh no?

21. PhoneI macrumors 65816

I do mobile support for a large company. I carry an iPhone, multiple Android, a blackberry and a Widows 7 device daily. I actually think the Android is the worst of them all. My reasons for my Android hatred (and I agree its only my opinion)....

1. Battery life is awful
    2. I am a big user of the camera, and I never found a Android device with a good camera
    3. Most of my business apps are not available for Android
    4. The music player stinks
    5. Supporting them in a corporate environment is extremely difficult compared to iOS devices (I can use the iPhone Configuration Utility to make profiles).

Again, I realize this is my opinion, but I can't think of one thing I would rather do on my Android devices over my iPhone.

22. profets macrumors 68040

Cool, thanks. Was really just curious. #4 I definitely agree with, and I'm sure 1 and 2 can vary by device. There's definitely some horrible ones out there. Not a big deal, but in my opinion, those are drawbacks of the phone/hardware itself and not something that I would say makes the OS completely inferior. I think I'd rather be using iOS or WP before Android anyway myself.

23. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Is that my imagination that just about every threads here has somehow become a preaching ground by Android users to convert the iPhone users?