Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I do mobile support for a large company. I carry an iPhone, multiple Android, a blackberry and a Widows 7 device daily. I actually think the Android is the worst of them all. My reasons for my Android hatred (and I agree its only my opinion)....

1. Battery life is awful
2. I am a big user of the camera, and I never found a Android device with a good camera
3. Most of my business apps are not available for Android
4. The music player stinks
5. Supporting them in a corporate environment is extremely difficult compared to iOS devices (I can use the iPhone Configuration Utility to make profiles).

Again, I realize this is my opinion, but I can't think of one thing I would rather do on my Android devices over my iPhone.

add constant crashes and app fragmentation to that list and its the same gripes I have with android. I completely agree with you, though I might put it slightly ahead of blackberry, but it is the worst of ios, windows 7, and even a zombie webos.

----------

Is that my imagination that just about every threads here has somehow become a preaching ground by Android users to convert the iPhone users?

misery loves company?

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Is that my imagination that just about every threads here has somehow become a preaching ground by Android users to convert the iPhone users?

It must be your imagination, I don't think we've seen any of that so far.

Muad'Dib

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2010
Ok, it's supposed to be a dev unit used to show the new graphics processor. So casing would be a iPhone 4 as expected.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
Em.. why is it showing Facebook in Settings? Thought there's only Twitter integration...

if its in the part of settings that apps can publish to, the Facebook app already has settings there

it is rumored FB integration is coming, and the deal just wasn't ready when they demoed iOS5...so we will see

Muad'Dib

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2010
if its in the part of settings that apps can publish to, the Facebook app already has settings there

it is rumored FB integration is coming, and the deal just wasn't ready when they demoed iOS5...so we will see

Actually, the rumor is the FB integration fell through and that's why they went with Twitter.

----------

Updated original post to correctly identify this as a dev unit.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Agreed! While a SLIGHTLY larger screen might be nice most of the Android models are way to big, I like a phone that can fit nicely in my pocket without having my pants altered.

Apple could fit a 4" screen into the same footprint as the iP4. My wife has the HTC Dinc2 and although I HATE the Android OS, the phone itself is beautiful. It's got a 4" screen and is just about exactly the same as my iPhone. In fact, it fits better in my pocket then my 4.

Just sayin.

Muad'Dib

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2010
Apple could fit a 4" screen into the same footprint as the iP4. My wife has the HTC Dinc2 and although I HATE the Android OS, the phone itself is beautiful. It's got a 4" screen and is just about exactly the same as my iPhone. In fact, it fits better in my pocket then my 4.

Just sayin.

Only if they change the aspect ratio. I think the current aspect ratio max is 3.7" in the current form factor.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Pink∆Floyd;13420669 said:
Wonder why MacRumors hasn't even mentioned this?

Because i doubt it's legit. If it was then i'm sure the video would have been removed by Apple already.

Also, it's very easy to do this through jailbreaking, so i'm not buying this.

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Pink∆Floyd;13420976 said:
But it's still a rumor

The iPhone 5 will have a 2" black and white screen and an external aerial. There you go, one freshly minted rumour. Can I go on the front page now please?

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
NM
had no idea that a mod can threadjack OP and reword my post.

It was probably because he actually started a thread first... which you should have posted in. As for editing they are probably just trying to make everything make sense after the merge.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Pink∆Floyd;13420669 said:
Wonder why MacRumors hasn't even mentioned this?

We got the same video. Doesn't make much sense, and doesn't really show anything.

arn

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
It was probably because he actually started a thread first... which you should have posted in. As for editing they are probably just trying to make everything make sense after the merge.

no, i was actually the original poster, hence why my OP thread title is still intact.

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Fake. I can't believe people buy into this stuff.... But since people are willing to believe that kind of stuff....

In other news I have an iPhone 5 prototype that I am selling, looks just like an iPhone 4. I am starting the bidding at $1000...

Like taking candy from a baby....

Can I please ask where all of the candy references are coming from? I have seen so many and haven't seen an explanation yet. :D

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
NM
no, i was actually the original poster, hence why my OP thread title is still intact.

Right, except that you weren't. His thread was posted at 1:20 EST. Yours was posted at 4:21 EST. His thread was FIRST. So when they merged the threads he was the original poster. His thread was already created when you made yours, your info should have been posted in his thread since they were about the same topic.

I am not a mod, but those are the facts. If you have an issue take it up with one of them, I am just trying to explain to you why it happened.

----------

Can I please ask where all of the candy references are coming from? I have seen so many and haven't seen an explanation yet. :D

Wow, I didn't notice that.... I am really not sure, I just happen to like candy... I can't speak for anyone else. Maybe it is because we are getting close to Halloween?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.