iPhone 5 volume changes to max when skipping to next song

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sepheryn, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Sepheryn, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013

Sepheryn macrumors newbie

When I play music on my iPhone, if I have the volume set below the maximum, when I skip to the next song the volume goes to maximum on it's own. It does this for every song. Even if I change the volume, it changes back to maximum again when skipping to a new song.

For some reason if the volume is around 50% or less, the phone doesn't change the volume. But if the volume 50% or more then the phone changes to maximum everytime I play a new song.

There's nothing causing the volume buttons to be pressed inadvertantly, there's some other reason for this. Anyone else had this problem? Can anyone please help? :confused:

More info: I had volume limit on when I noticed this problem. I tried turning it off and when volume limit is off I don't have the problem anymore. But I need volume limit.

Update: I messed around a bit with the volume limit and when I changed it I didn't have the volume problem anymore. So this seems to be a problem with volume limit.

2. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Do you also have Sound Check turned on under the Music settings? Could it be that the music you are listening to happens to be that some of the MP3s are recorded at higher volumes, and then the next on is at lower volume, so the iPhone tries to increase the volume to make it sound as if it's at the same level as the previous track? Try turning that off, and see if it's any better.