Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Why not compare them. Since they don't even exist you can make up the specs yourself. If you can't decide then change the specs. Simple..... :eek:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
i would definately like to switch to verizon also.. at&T drives me nuts...
I'm actually dropping VZW in lieu of AT&T. I'm not dissatisfied with VZW, but just to simplify my life. My wife currently is on AT&T and it makes a lot of sense to combine the bills. Coverage/service and support has been the same, so I'm not really losing anything.

I don't see that you can compare a tablet with a phone?!
Agree, I use my phone for certain tasks and my iPad for other tasks. There's some overlap but not as much as you would think.

janitor1999

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
As the only thing i would like my present ipad to do, which it doesnt do already is flash, so as that would be a software upgrade, would mean i would go for a new iphone, if there is anything on it i need, that my iphone 4 doesnt have.

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
I don't see that you can compare a tablet with a phone?!

Im not sure if im trying to compare them.. Im just trying to see which purchase makes more sense for me as of right now. My full discount for iphone 4 comes on 11/25/ Im looking into one or the other since I would be spending the same amount on either one...

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Currently have the iPhone 4 on a two year contract and don't have an iPad.

So I'll go with the iPad 2, I've been considering it for quite some time and hoping it has some nice features that I never knew I wanted :)

utneon

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
as many said you can't compare them, but anyway if you want both and can only afford one (like me), just go with iphone. ipad sometimes can be a pain to take with you, iphone suits your poket and will do everything you do with an ipad2. it only has a smaller screen :)

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
I have an iPhone 3gs, and an iPad 32/3G

I'd pick the iPad if I were you.

Personally, I prefer the iPad as an iOS platform. I think the apps are richer and more useful on the big screen - and I think the device really works well on the move with 3G. I use it more that I expected when I first got it.

I might actually get an Android phone next time. I'm finding that I use my phone for less complicated stuff - email, a little web work, maps - all simple things that Android will do equally well. Android may give me some flexibility - for instance I should be able to add memory capacity to boost the amount of music I can carry well over 64GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.