iPhone 5c color choice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 11bE5, Jul 23, 2014.

1. 11bE5 macrumors 6502

11bE5

So I'm currently on boost Mobile after leaving Sprint contract plans now I technically did not leave sprint service since boost is part of them, planning on picking up an iPhone 5c since boost has a great deal on a 32gb model for $439 I'm just fighting with my self with color choice green or blue wanted to hear some of this great communities opinion? Please

2. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Here's how I see the colors:

White - simple, basic, clean. You could definitely dress this color up with different accessories because it's neutral.

Blue - the most common one I see. Looks very nice, not too bright.

Green - it's one of the brighter colors (if not the brightest). Definitely attracts more attention, looks very nice as well. Haven't seen any in the wild.

Yellow - pastel. If you like more subtle shade of colors, this one is the top contender. Also looks very nice.

Pink - um... I don't like this color. It looks like ketchup mixed with mayonnaise (it's a delicacy in Puerto Rico :D) but this color is overall the worst looking one to me. (Don't attack me)

Between your 2 choices, I'd choose green. :D blue is just too basic and I've seen too many people with them. (Kinda loses it's charm after seeing literally 100 people with it.)

It's all about personal preference, first ask yourself, 'will I get tired of this color?'
    If the answer is no, go for it. I doubt it will be yes.

Enjoy your 5c!

3. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

4. 11bE5, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014

11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

I'm pushing towards green a lot more than blue but then I see it and I want that one to lol. But thank you for the breakdown.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

6. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Green looks nice. I've seen it paired with a purple Belkin clear case.

8. Yoshi Yogurt macrumors regular

I like blue and green.

Never seen a yellow "in the wild"

White just seems pointless, probably cuz my phone is white already...

9. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I'd go with the green. I like the blue as well so I understand your dilemma lol but I'd still go with green.

10. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I had the very same dilemma back in November.

I looked at the site before going to the apple store and thought blue, the entire journey into town I wanted green.

I sat staring at the two models not knowing what to get. Blue is generally my fave colour so it made sense that I opted for that. I don't regret it but do occasionally think I wonder his the green would look in my hand each day! Lol

11. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

12. 11bE5 thread starter macrumors 6502

11bE5

To everyone who posted you are all awesome and thank you so much for the responses I've made my decision and green is a go!!! Going to be buying it the beginning of next month with a Magpul 5c case for outdoor adventures. I already have a new unused Zagg tempered glass screen protector just waiting here I'm really anxious to get out so thank you all again looking forward to being back on my favorite forum.

13. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

According to me cyan(blue) looks great. but green is also a good alternative.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I opted for green, Something about a green apple seemed to strike a chord with me :p

15. PetrosMac macrumors member

PetrosMac

I got mine yesterday!Found an offer for the 32Gb version but was the last one remained with pink color.Even if i'm a boy I could say that is very pretty!I'm gonna keep it like this without a case.

16. pure-rockstar macrumors regular

I went with blue because it's the color that's very... dashing. And it fits my personality.

The white is just a little too plain.

17. Meister Suspended

Meister

It depends on your job requirements. In certain professions a flashy phone is frauned upon.
    I, for example would look a bit weird with a green, blue or pink phone.
    If you are a man I would discourage you from pink anyway, it's a weak color.
    White is the most conservative choice. I like the yellow, but they were out and I got my 5c on a one time offer. So it was white for me.

If you are a kid Id say go color crazy :)

18. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

There doesn't seem much point in getting a 5C unless you embrace a bit of colour. Leave the blacks and whites alone.
    Green and yellow are the most funky, and blue is the most popular/common. I'm not a fan of the colour yellow, so I'd get a green one.

19. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Blue for me! Just holding it in my hand now, it would look really nice if it had the blue or whatever color plastic all around the edge, and then the back was black and the apple logo was the same color as the edge. I don't how you could do that while keeping it smooth all the way around.

20. Meister Suspended

Meister

Better materials/grip, much cheaper and more color options. (even the white is much friendlier than the 5s options. It's really a matter of taste and needs. Kids who play games on their phone would profit from the A7 chip in the 5s.

21. PetrosMac macrumors member

PetrosMac

I,personally don't look the color but the capacity!As I mentioned I took the pink one cause was the last of piece of 32Gb!But it's ok!I would prefer the blue one but the point is that I bought the 5C for what I can do with the hardware and the software together!There are not colors for men and others for women.There are just persons that think like kids and criticize everything :)

22. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Yeah, I was more saying that colour is where it's at. If you're getting a 5C then take advantage of the whacky colour schemes. I wasn't slating the 5C.

23. Imhzw macrumors newbie

Imhzw

24. techspin macrumors 6502a

I vote for the green 5C, without a case of course.

25. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

It's more like, the A7 will give the phone more longevity if you hang on to phones a while before upgrading. But I see your point, for less demanding things the phone is more than capable I'm sure.