iPhone 5c feels real.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPodJedi, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Do you think the 5c feels nice in hand?

1. Yes, I like the feel of the 5c better than 5/5s

30 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. No, the 5c does not feel good in hand.

13 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Yes, but I prefer the 5/5s feel

40 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. Yes, Love the 5c's feel in hand

15 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. iPodJedi, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013

iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I just bought a 5c after falling in love with the blue. I have to give apple a huge thumbs up it doesn't even feel like plastic. It has that steel framing inside so the plastic feels like it's just a plastic case on the outside of an iPhone. It feels amazing in hand with the curved edges and does look pretty sleek. I do wish they had better colors for guys such as black, navy blue, and red. I don't get y so many people bash the 5c for its plastic shell. The 2g and 3g(s) all had plastic and nobody really complained. Either way it is a quality apple product. I do think price is pretty good at $99 but it is only $100 away from the premium 5s with the touch ID and 64bit processor so I can see y some people would get the 5s cuz some people can normally afford to dish out the extra money when buying a phone they will have for a few years. Seems like most people complaining about the plastic haven't even ever touched it before. I know that if someone told me the 5c felt premium I would have laughed at them-that is up until I actually held it at verizon the other day. So I guess what I'm asking is do you like the feel, look or colors of the 5c. I have shown mine to a lot of friends who were really surprised how nice it felt.

Thanks for any and all replies!!!!

2. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

This thread is original.

That is all, enjoy your new phone.

3. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

The ones that I have held felt like plastic. And plastic feels C:) to me.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

5. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Love how the 5s feels, wouldn't trade it for plastic

6. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

We know already. Honestly I don't understand why you have to go into every 5c thread just to down it. Not everyone shares your opinion.

I have the 5c. Is it because I'm poor? No! I make well over the $49,999 a year that they say is the average 5c buyer. I bought it because I completely despise the design of the 5/5s. I personally find them to be highly ugly. That's my opinion and I don't go into every thread about the 5 or the 5s and talk about how I think Apple made a design error.

You gon come back with stuff from some blog that you read about how the 5c isn't selling and how the production did this and that... Which proves nothing. Why don't you come back with the number ...

50% - this is the number of 5c owners that switched from android.

So tell me... How is this phone failing???

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

The 5C is about choice. I think that Apple will always offer some choices, especially with the larger iPhone 6 coming out next year!

Not everyone will want a larger phone yet I bet many who swear they hate will end up with one and be happy!:p

I remember the iPhone 5 haters who said they would never own it if it had a larger screen:rolleyes:

8. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I agree 100%. My first iPhone is this gorgeous blue iPhone 5c.

And had Apple never made it, I'd still not own a single product from them.

9. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Like aformentioned, plastic for GOLD? Not gonna happen, sorry.

10. iPodJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

It's not like it is real gold, it is like little pieces of glitter under the glass, any 2 year old knows how to use glitter

11. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Must have taken a long time to figure that out.

12. mcrto macrumors member

5C nicest Apple product ever owned. I've realised it's this first phone when I haven't even been slightly tempted to buy some new android phone for while. And I agree, I got the blue but would have effing loved navy.

----------

Feels nicer than the 5S to hold and use. The price difference between the two is pretty much irrelevant to anybody getting an expensive phone so obviously a lot of people prefer the 5C build quality.

Slickest iphone in years.

13. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

oVerboost

iPhone 5c feels real.

Do you buy new phones every month?! How can you say the 5c has stopped you being tempted to buy an android phone, when at best you've only owned your 5c since launch day?! Hardly a long time is it...

14. iPodJedi, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013

iPodJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I think means that normally he buys an iPhone then he sees an android a few days later and thinks that is cooler than his new iPhone. But now he thinks his iPhone 5c is better than all those android phones he would normally like...

Stop bashing 5c owners...some people just like the 5c for color and design... U 5s owners just brag and keep on bashing us 5c users saying we are too poor to own a 5s and because it is plastic it is automatically a bad phone... GUESS WHAT SHERLOCK...the 2 of the1st 3 iPhones were all plastic and nobody complained about that...most people can afford the 5s; chances are if your buying any smart phone with data u have the wallet to buy a 5s. Some people just prefer it better for the color and design... Who cares about a finger scanner. It isn't even new tech: they use them at Disneyland when you enter in. It just gets old after about a week and it doesn't even work 50% of the time.

15. macigo macrumors regular

You know that's really weird. You bring up a good point, GOLD helps the 5c look worse in comparison.

16. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

17. iPodJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Read the post right above yours... I just finished ranting about u and other snotty iPhone 5s owners. Stop cluttering my thread:-(

18. Ann P macrumors 68020

5C feels nice but I prefer the 5S.

Buy what you like, end of story.

19. macigo macrumors regular

I'm a 5s and 5c owner. I still have my 5c. I really just use both. The 5c is too good to pass up.

20. iPodJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I guess if you own both then ill apologize but some just like to beat an already dead horse... U know???

21. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

You totally hit the nail on the head. I paid $800 + tax for my Note III yet because I chose an iPhone 5c instead of 5s for my other line, I'm cheap? A finger print scanner was available to me back in my old Motorola Atrix 3 years ago. 64 bit architecture looks great on paper and in benchmarks but if no apps support it yet, what's the point? I'll be the first to admit I used to bash Apple. However, This pretty little blue iPhone caught my eye, for the first time I was excited to try it. I'm very happy with it and it makes me smile when I see it. It simply brought color into my life and gave me a better feel in hand.

None of Apple's products are inferior here. Just because I didn't choose to pay the $80 difference for the 5s (With my work discount, that's the difference between the two), it doesn't mean I went "Cheap".

Edit: What's the deal with Gold? Unless it's real gold it's just a color like silver or even copper is.

22. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Look. iPhone 5S. APPLE. iPhone 5C. Apple as well. You asked my opinion and I answered. You don't like my answer and ALL 5s owners become "snotty" because they dont like what you do. The world doesn't evolve around you, charlie. You asked for opinion, I gave you some, you didn't like it, what'd you expect?

I dislike the the 5c and would rather have an iPhone 5S. I'll say it again.

23. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

iPhone 5c feels real.

We get your point but what the OP means is that your opinion isn't the point of the thread. There are plenty of opinions. Opinions are like balloons, full of air and filling everything up.

24. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Well, that is what the OP asked for. Unless you call it something else...

25. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

It's that the opinions become repetitive clutter. On that note, I'll stop cluttering it up myself.

I'm happy with the 5c myself. That's all there is to my end.