iPhone 5C for a clumsy person?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijon01, Apr 9, 2014.

1. ijon01 macrumors member

Hi all

Random thread title I know but basically my girlfriend is due an upgrade and wants a 5C, she has a HTC One S at the moment which she has had for 2 years and it's pretty battered, it has metal housing and gorilla glass and to be honest has held up well considering how often it gets dropped, to all the 5C owners on here my question is how robust is the 5C and would it withstand a few drops, often...... ?

She is against casing it as I am, my 5S has been naked for the 2 months I've owned it but I'm careful.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks!

2. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

The plastic housing will hold up better to drops over aluminium and any damage will not be as noticeable. She should consider apple care plus though I'd she really is that clumsy.

3. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Certainly more robust than the 5s. Heavier than the 5s and a little thicker too!

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

both my sister and my girlfriend have dropped their 5c's and they popped out of the case and now make a click each time the screen is pressed. we brought my girlfriends to the apple store and they were able to fix it but i would suggest you get a case for it.

5. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

iPhones aren't made for demolition derby's, but they're not cheap crap either. Give your girlfriend the iphone 5C, with a case...the strongest...case...evar

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It's only slightly more durable than a 5S. The 5S will nick and dent more easily, but the main thing - cracking the screen - is pretty much equally likely on both.

7. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

8. andyx3x macrumors 65816

9. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I had that case for the 5s and hated it. Looked nice in pictures but the buttons feel awkward and the aluminum on the back scratches basically as soon as you open the package. it also doesn't fit the phone as well or as tightly as I'd like.

10. SestoElemento macrumors newbie

Out of the two the 5C seems to be your best choice. The 5C is said to have steel reinforced frame which should make it even better.