Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
The design is good for sure, possibly their best for an iPhone. They could've tried to refresh it, but let's not pretend that the SE is anything other than a way for Apple to release a "new" product using their spare parts.

scrumpyjack

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2016
Having the 5s design is one of the reasons why it's cheaper. I think it's a great product for people who want a smaller phone.

Undoubtedly. I agree with OP that I could never buy hardware that's was first released in 2012. The SE is what the 5C should have been in my opinion.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Apple are running out of ideas, their next iPhone (iPhone 7) from the leaks I have seen will look very ugly and not cute like my new iPhone 6. I think apple need to really look to samsung for design advice if I am being honest.
Huh???

I had the 6+ and I now have the 6s+.

Cute is HARDLY a word I'd used to describe them.

Fugly would be the word I would use - because of the protruding camera and those god-awful antenna bands. And I own one of the damn things!

L T

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2013
UK
This is the best looking iPhone design Apple have done, from the 5 through to the 5S and now the SE. It just looks so good, the 5C design never really fit with Apple and the 6 design looks average in comparison.

I had the 5 in slate and now the 6Plus in space grey, much prefer the 5 to handle and look at. The 5S (and subsequent SE) in Space Grey looks awesome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.