iPhone 5s 64 gb too small

UBS28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
I bought an iPhone 5s 64 gb last month and it's full already. Just from apps.:eek: I'm impressed people get by with 16 gb and still have room for music.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What are you installing and keeping that it fills up a 64 GB phone with just apps basically?

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
I bought an iPhone 5s 64 gb last month and it's full already. Just from apps.:eek: I'm impressed people get by with 16 gb and still have room for music.
Are you a "professional" gamer? Is that your main occupation? :confused:

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
My iOS apps backup in iTunes library weigh almost 200GB in total. I have a 4TB NAS filled ONLY with digital movies library. And that's barely enough. So to be honest, a storage can't never be too big. So it's all about good management. Bring what you have to.

You can have a 512GB iPhone and it will still not be enough once you recklessly fill it out with movies, musics and big apps.

So I don't see what's your point here?

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
My iOS apps backup in iTunes library weigh almost 200GB in total. I have a 4TB NAS filled ONLY with digital movies library. And that's barely enough. So to be honest, a storage can't never be too big. So it's all about good management. Bring what you have to.

You can have a 512GB iPhone and it will still not be enough once you recklessly fill it out with movies, musics and big apps.

Ok, set me up? what do i need? Cause i am having same problem with MBPr 256gb too?

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Ok, set me up? what do i need? Cause i am having same problem with MBPr 256gb too?
Which is my point. You can have rMBP 1TB and eventually it won't be enough if you don't manage your data well. OP complained about 64GB iPhone is too small.

If tomorrow Apple releases 128GB iPhone will it be enough? Will you be satisfied with the storage forever? Two weeks later you'd come back and say it's still too small.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010

Totally Agree with your comments. I have 150 Gig of music and 600 Gig of Movies. Buy why would I want to put that on my phone. I sync my phone regularly and presently have 7 Gig of music and 2 gig of Apps. I never keep movies on my phone but have the Plex app on there and can access all of my music, movie and TV shows collection using Plex.

I use a 16G phone.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
so do you watch all those movies and listen to all that music in the regular basis?

or use all those apps in the regular basis?

answer is probably not, because it'll be near impossible to do all that.

how would you do all that while maintaining a job and personal life?

unless you have neither

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

I know what you're saying 10tb of internal storage(in the workstation) is barely enough these days.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
I have 6gb free on my 32gb phone. Just deleted plants v zombies since I have not played it in months. I don't need my entire 100gb music library on my phone, or my 50gb photo collection.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I really don't know now anyone can have a 64GB phone almost full with apps? I just don't get it, and also I can get away with a 16GB if I wanted too now that I have iTunes Match.

People who take a lot of videos and pictures, move them to you computer or something. That is not a smart move, because that phone breaks or something all those videos and pictures are gone.

nox5

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
The only time I was able to fill out my iPhone 64gb storage space was when on 1 month vacation and still had couple gb left

Oz.

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2011

I bet that you don't even use more than 3% from the apps that you have installed!

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
so do you watch all those movies and listen to all that music in the regular basis?

or use all those apps in the regular basis?

answer is probably not, because it'll be near impossible to do all that.

how would you do all that while maintaining a job and personal life?

unless you have neither
It's not about listening to or watching all your content. It's having it available to you should you want to listen to a particular song or are in the mood for a movie you wouldn't have watched yesterday.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Some people fill up their device no matter how much storage it has.

My MBP with 512GB SSD is too small!

And if I have a 1TB SSD I can surely fill it up.

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I've started to rely more on cloud services so I've actually downsized--my iPhone 4S is 64GB but the iPad I bought last week is 32GB--and I'm confident it will be plenty for my use. :)

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
I don't store music on mine and frankly I don't have THAT many apps. My iPad has most of my games.

----------

Some people fill up their device no matter how much storage it has.

My MBP with 512GB SSD is too small!

And if I have a 1TB SSD I can surely fill it up.
This is also true. It's like a goldfish. We'll grow to fit the container, regardless of its absolute size.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
I have no idea how anyone can use up 64GB of space on a phone. Why would you fill your phone with 64GB worth of apps when you probably don't use 90% of them. I have a rule where I only install apps that I will use of a regular basis. When it comes to things like video, I only sync something I plan on watching that day.. For example, if I have to take a long train journey somewhere I will sync a movie and then unsync it when I get back home.

I get by just fine on 16GB

Music - 5GB
30 apps - 1GB
Photos - 200MB
Other (stupid iOS bug) - 2GB