iPhone 5s 64 gb too small

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UBS28, Feb 1, 2014.

1. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

I bought an iPhone 5s 64 gb last month and it's full already. Just from apps.:eek: I'm impressed people get by with 16 gb and still have room for music.

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Yep, mines nearly full but more video/photos. Bring on 128gb.:)

3. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Yeah I've only got about 1.5 GB left and I've only had mine for 3 weeks.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

What are you installing and keeping that it fills up a 64 GB phone with just apps basically?

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Are you a "professional" gamer? Is that your main occupation? :confused:

6. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

My iOS apps backup in iTunes library weigh almost 200GB in total. I have a 4TB NAS filled ONLY with digital movies library. And that's barely enough. So to be honest, a storage can't never be too big. So it's all about good management. Bring what you have to.

You can have a 512GB iPhone and it will still not be enough once you recklessly fill it out with movies, musics and big apps.

So I don't see what's your point here?

7. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Ok, set me up? what do i need? Cause i am having same problem with MBPr 256gb too?

8. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Which is my point. You can have rMBP 1TB and eventually it won't be enough if you don't manage your data well. OP complained about 64GB iPhone is too small.

If tomorrow Apple releases 128GB iPhone will it be enough? Will you be satisfied with the storage forever? Two weeks later you'd come back and say it's still too small.

9. easy-peasy macrumors regular

As long as someone manages the content on their iPhone with iTunes it's pretty simple.

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Totally Agree with your comments. I have 150 Gig of music and 600 Gig of Movies. Buy why would I want to put that on my phone. I sync my phone regularly and presently have 7 Gig of music and 2 gig of Apps. I never keep movies on my phone but have the Plex app on there and can access all of my music, movie and TV shows collection using Plex.

I use a 16G phone.

11. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

so do you watch all those movies and listen to all that music in the regular basis?

or use all those apps in the regular basis?

answer is probably not, because it'll be near impossible to do all that.

how would you do all that while maintaining a job and personal life?

unless you have neither

12. I7guy macrumors G5

I know what you're saying 10tb of internal storage(in the workstation) is barely enough these days.

13. 617aircav Suspended

I have 6gb free on my 32gb phone. Just deleted plants v zombies since I have not played it in months. I don't need my entire 100gb music library on my phone, or my 50gb photo collection.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

15. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I really don't know now anyone can have a 64GB phone almost full with apps? I just don't get it, and also I can get away with a 16GB if I wanted too now that I have iTunes Match.

People who take a lot of videos and pictures, move them to you computer or something. That is not a smart move, because that phone breaks or something all those videos and pictures are gone.

16. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Buying more storage space on an iPhone is a very expensive way to just carry around all your "stuff"

Learn to prioritize.

17. nox5 macrumors 6502

The only time I was able to fill out my iPhone 64gb storage space was when on 1 month vacation and still had couple gb left

18. Oz. macrumors regular

Oz.

I bet that you don't even use more than 3% from the apps that you have installed!

19. barkomatic macrumors 68040

It's not about listening to or watching all your content. It's having it available to you should you want to listen to a particular song or are in the mood for a movie you wouldn't have watched yesterday.

20. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Some people fill up their device no matter how much storage it has.

My MBP with 512GB SSD is too small!

And if I have a 1TB SSD I can surely fill it up.

21. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Sounds like the "instant gratification" generation to me.

22. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I've started to rely more on cloud services so I've actually downsized--my iPhone 4S is 64GB but the iPad I bought last week is 32GB--and I'm confident it will be plenty for my use. :)

23. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

I don't store music on mine and frankly I don't have THAT many apps. My iPad has most of my games.

----------

This is also true. It's like a goldfish. We'll grow to fit the container, regardless of its absolute size.

24. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

I have no idea how anyone can use up 64GB of space on a phone. Why would you fill your phone with 64GB worth of apps when you probably don't use 90% of them. I have a rule where I only install apps that I will use of a regular basis. When it comes to things like video, I only sync something I plan on watching that day.. For example, if I have to take a long train journey somewhere I will sync a movie and then unsync it when I get back home.

I get by just fine on 16GB

Music - 5GB
    30 apps - 1GB
    Photos - 200MB
    Other (stupid iOS bug) - 2GB