Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fre33way

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
Am I the only person here who prefers the iphone 5s over the 6? I just don't like the shape or feel of the 6. Also, the gold color on 5s was perfect but on the 6, its too much. If there is anyone selling their 5s, either verizon or tmobile, please let me know as I am interested in buying.

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
This is not a new opinion, and the conclusion is that Apple should just offer 3 screen sizes next year because there is just no consensus.

The market has settled into small, medium, and large. Just like coke, burgers, fries, and just about everything else in life.

Really not sure why phone companies aren't listening. This isn't that hard to figure out!

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
I haven't taken the plunge yet. I still love the design of the 5s and like others, do not prefer the white bands on the 6. I would really appreciate longer battery life and a larger screen though. It's a trade off. :confused:

ARH1956

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
NE Alabama
Am I the only person here who prefers the iphone 5s over the 6? I just don't like the shape or feel of the 6. Also, the gold color on 5s was perfect but on the 6, its too much. If there is anyone selling their 5s, either verizon or tmobile, please let me know as I am interested in buying.
No, there's you and one other guy.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
I wouldn't say I like it better than the 6, but the 5/5s is a beautiful phone, and seems sturdier as well. If you could get the same functionality as the 6 in that case, my wife probably would have preferred it as she wanted a smaller phone (she's coming from a 4s). Still, I think she'll get used to it very soon and will have trouble going back.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
iPhone 5s better than 6
Ohhhh boy :rolleyes:
****storm incoming
475.gif

Am I the only person here who prefers the iphone 5s over the 6?
No, you're not the only one. I personally am keeping my 5s as many years as I possibly can.

If there is anyone selling their 5s, either verizon or tmobile, please let me know as I am interested in buying.
Craigslist is probably easier and safer than buying from a stranger online with no purchase protection.

Just make sure they aren't still making payments on it.

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Am I the only person here who prefers the iphone 5s over the 6?

Search the forums, more than a few threads saying people are keeping the 5s and foregoing the 6, they prefer 5s size and sturdiness, etc. etc. I am one of them, 5s is superior design.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I love the hardware design of my 5s and was totally unimpressed by the 6/6s when comparing them side by side the other day-other than to wish my 5s had the higher dpi of the 6+ that is.

No 6 or 6+ for me this year. I'll use the cash I would have spent,on the Z3c instead. I'll see if next year's iPhone is more compelling.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
iPhone 5 and 5S was really beautiful, in my opinion the best iPhone ever made if we consider the design only. I really loved looking at my iPhone 5, while I don't like the back of my new iPhone 6.

If you like the smaller screen 5S is still a good choice today. A8 is slightly faster than A7 so with iPhone 5S you still have a powerful phone for everyday usage, including pictures and videos.
I hope they'll keep a 4'' phone in the future for you guys because is good to have a choice between screen sizes.

I bought the 6 only because I wanted the bigger screen and I was disappointed last year when they kept 4'', otherwise I'd have stuck with my 5 for another year.

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
The 5 and 5s are my least favorite design wise. The edges were too sharp and damaged easily and I did not like the glass top and bottom on the back.

The 6 is so much nicer to hold.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Yes, out of 7 billion people on the planet, you are the only snowflake who prefers their 5S.

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
I understand there are such things as opinions, but to say the design of the 5S is better, you're mad. The 6 is the best Apple design yet. Feels perfect.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I understand there are such things as opinions, but to say the design of the 5S is better, you're mad. The 6 is the best Apple design yet. Feels perfect.

Just to play devils advocate :cool:

I understand there are such things as opinions, but to say that the design of the 6 is better, you're mad. The 5s is the best iPhone design. Feels perfect.

Kubaton

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2013
I'll be selling my mint condition Verizon 5s, when and if I can ever get my hands on a 6+.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I prefer the total black of the iPhone 5 to the space grey of the iPhone 5S which in turn I prefer to the space grey iPhone 6. However I like the iPhone 6 way more than both versions of the iPhone 5.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I prefer the total black of the iPhone 5 to the space grey of the iPhone 5S which in turn I prefer to the space grey iPhone 6. However I like the iPhone 6 way more than both versions of the iPhone 5.

Sooooo... which one do you actually prefer overall then?

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Overpriced rubbish. There are loads of awkward to use small screen devices, so why pay so much for a 5s.

The 6 and 6s provide reasonable value as they are large enough to be used dedicatedly as tablets, especially the + which is a true phablet.

No thanks to handicapped squinty screens. Never again. And no thanks to having a phone and separate tablet and God knows what other crap. One device that does it all, less bulk and better for the planet, no need to making so much junk.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Sooooo... which one do you actually prefer overall then?

:D

The iPhone 6 by a country mile. It would be awesome if the black one had the deep black colour the iPhone 5 had though. Looked like a dark and scary monolith.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
I have been using the Plus since the 19th. I picked up my old 5s (it is now my Sons phone) and it felt totally minuscule. I have played around with my brother-in-laws iPhone 6 and it feels really good but I love the Plus, it is the ideal size for my needs. Pair this up with my Air and Macbook Pro and I have all bases covered (I used to cart around an iPad mini retina along with my Air and 5s).

highlightshadow

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
I personally really like the 6 but its a slippery bugger... nearly smacked myself in the face with it last night as i was reading in bed and it slipped out of my grip :)

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011

I'm still not so excited for the size of the 6, but I LOVE the pill shape of it.. imo it just feels gorgeous. And its great how the front of the space grey iPhone is just plain black.
I prefer the back of the 5 though, the glass breaks make it an interesting looking device.

Overall iPhone's design is and was one of the best out there.

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009

Welcome newbie ;-)

Apple still offers the 5s and the 5c for purchase.

feel free to buy that model if it suits you better.

goodbye!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.