iPhone 5S Crack Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macnerd93, Nov 22, 2013.

1. macnerd93 macrumors 6502a

macnerd93

So I've had my iPhone since launch day and its been fantastic. Until today that is :(

I was in an extreme rush this morning and my 5s came out my front hoodie's pocket and landed on the road face down as I was stepping out of a Taxi.

The bottom right upper section just where the screen starts at the bezel has chipped and cracked about half an inch. there are also various swirls all over the display where the road surface has impacted the glass too.

Is there anyway I can get this fixed? UK only please. I will pay anything I don't care what it costs, its just that no one i've seen today carries the parts for a 5S display. I'm even willing to spend £216 for Apple to do it on Wednesday if this is the only option I have. I am even contemplating selling the phone as is and just buying a brand new sim only one, for my contract.

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Just get it swapped at Apple. Your best option in my opinion.

3. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Take it to Apple, they'll replace it with an identical one with brand new externals and you keep your warranty etc as before. The 5 display is the same as the 5s but there are plenty of cheap places who use inferior replacement parts, so best to use Apple.

Book a genius appointment, explain what happened and can they exchange it for you.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

And buy Applecare+ if it's offered on the replacement.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'll also suggest taking in to Apple for replacement.

6. macnerd93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macnerd93

How much is a replacement going to cost? I can't imagine they would give away a phone if the said phone was user user damaged.

7. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Are you in the UK or USA? I meant to imply they'd be a charge, yes.

8. hockeyman94 macrumors regular

The iPhone 5 screen is not the same as the iPhone 5s screen the connectors are different for the LCD and digitizer

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

10. macnerd93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macnerd93

I'm in the UK

11. macnerd93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macnerd93

I have tried taking a photo of it on my DSLR, but it really hasn't come out that good. it does look much worse in person than on a camera. Its chipped on the right side bezel, the one thing what has me worried is its a bit sharp and to me it looks like its increased in size slightly than on Friday, so it could spread and get much, much, much, much worse.

12. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

If cost isn't an issue as you say, it's definitely worth getting it replaced/fixed by Apple. It's the only way you'll keep the warranty!

13. Godzirra macrumors 6502

Somewhere on Salisbury plain, and Apple, UK
    Where abouts in the UK are you?
    A pic would be good, so we can check the damage.
    But, as has been mentioned, if you take it to an Apple store, authorised repair centre they should be able to help. Just be up front with what happened, and they should be able to help you :)