iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 1 to 3 Days in U.S. and Several Other Countries

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is continuing to see improved iPhone 5s supplies ahead of the holidays, with shipping estimates from the online Apple Store now ranging from one to three days for all carriers, colors, and capacities in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. The GSM-compatible SIM-free iPhone still has a shipping estimate of 1-2 weeks.

Following the launch of the iPhone 5s, supplies were significantly constrained, especially for silver and gold models. Shipping estimates slipped to 7 to 10 days just hours after the phone was released and then slipped further to two to three weeks for an extended period of time.

Just over two weeks ago, shipping estimates were at three to five days in North America and Asia Pacific, while European and Middle Eastern Apple Stores still listed shipping estimates of one to two weeks.

According to reports, Apple has significantly ramped up its iPhone 5s production over the course of the last month while cutting back on iPhone 5c production, which has resulted in improved supplies in time for the Christmas holiday.

In-store supplies of the iPhone 5s have also become far more plentiful, with all colors and capacities of the phone available for immediate pickup in many brick and mortar Apple Stores across the United States.

Earlier this week, Apple released shipping deadlines to ensure customers receive gifts by December 24. According to the guidelines, the iPhone 5s must be ordered by midnight December 12 to arrive ahead of Christmas.

Article Link: iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 1 to 3 Days in U.S. and Several Other Countries

proline

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2012
I'm sure the haters will just spin this as lack of demand. In reality Apple's production rates just set a new record.

gatortpk

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2003
Melbourne, FL
How many iPhones is Apple selling this month?

I wonder if the rate of sales has dropped significantly since the first few weeks (September-October), or if Apple has far more stock and is planning on selling 10+ million this month alone?

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
In Australia I ordered a 5s on the 3rd of December and my order has been in 'Processing' ever since without updating. Now the delivery estimate is yesterday, and it still hasn't updated...

Code:
Processing Items  Available to ship: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: 06/12/2013 - 10/12/2013 by Standard Shipping
I can't call the 133-622 number. I thought Apple had an online sales support?

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
In Australia I ordered a 5s on the 3rd of December and my order has been in 'Processing' ever since without updating. Now the delivery estimate is yesterday, and it still hasn't updated...

Code:
Processing Items  Available to ship: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: 06/12/2013 - 10/12/2013 by Standard Shipping
I can't call the 133-622 number. I thought Apple had an online sales support?
They do, their online chat support.

bigpics

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2002
Rockland County, New York
Apple should have increased the screen size instead of making 5c.
I agree with you. Apple didn't. Result: A report today said the 5c and the Air were the biggest Black Friday sellers.

Apple wins, and with all the new acquisitions and patent spree, it's clear the company has big plans going forward. Can't wait. Smart company, and smarter than me for sure.

Still, after waiting a few years for a larger screen and seeing there'll be none until next fall at least, I "won" a spot in the re-launched unlocked Moto X Cybersale and will head to T-Mob for a year while Apple gets around to a larger screen size and Verizon and ATT hopefully keep being pushed to T-Mob's better pricing model for unlocked devices.

Yeah, yeah, I plan to be back (and to buy an iPad in the spring), but know stories of buying Androids aren't popular here, and wasn't all I wanted, but couldn't keep the old guy going any longer. So I'll cope just fine (and keep using my good point and shoot cam).

Now the next deadline is better screen res in next year's 13" MBA. Only reason I'm not typing this on the '13 model... ...again, Apple knows what they're doing and are executing well, but I know what I want and can live on multiple OS's well enough after 25 years of doing so, tho at least some of my devices will always be Apple.

Last edited:

inlandtange

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2007
I'm sure the haters will just spin this as lack of demand. In reality Apple's production rates just set a new record.
I live in a tiny town in the middle of Australia called Alice Springs (pop, 25,000)
We are at least 1000 miles in any direction from a city. I walked into the local store yesterday and bought a 5S "off the shelf". I don't think there is a supply problem.

yossi

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2004
unrelated, but I still cannot get over how apple can charge $200 for 48gb of memory...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.