iPhone 5S or get Galaxy S4

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by WhiteIphone5, Aug 26, 2013.

?

Pick one

Poll closed Sep 9, 2013.
  1. Galaxy S4

35 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. iPhone 5S

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  1. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Do I need a phone right now? Yes
    Can I wait until September 10? Yes I can, but rather not wait. What if I'm dissapointed?
    Will you get a S4 now or wait and see what the iPhone 5 is bringing to the tables.
    Interested in the Finger print home button? New color? A7?
    Or is the Galaxy S4 good enough for you not to upgrade.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If you can wait till September 10th, why not wait just a little longer and see wat Samsung do in Sept with the Note 3, and possibly if they announce the S4a (Snapdragon 800 variant) for USA.

3. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I'd wait till the 10th and see what Apple has up it's sleeve.

4. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Already have an iPad mini, no need for another device with that large of a screen :p

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

But maybe they'll announce the availability of the S4a seeing as it passed through the FTC recently ;) that's what I'd be interested to see if they announce.

How would you feel if you were to buy an S4 now and its 'potentially' superseded in just 3 weeks time by the super-charged version. :)

6. OceanView macrumors 65816

Although I think you couldn't go wrong getting the S4 now, I would wait as there could be something more interesting in a week.

7. wongster41 macrumors regular

dude, take a good hard look at the note 3 before deciding on the 5s or the s4.

8. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

The OP already stated that he has no need for the 6-inch Note 3 and was questioning whether to wait for the iPhone 5S or get a Galaxy S4.

OP, I say go for the Galaxy S4. The iPhone 5S will just have minor improvements over the iPhone 5 since 'S' editions are model refreshes, isn't really worth upgrading to since you already have an iPhone 5.

9. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

The 5s will probably just be a spec bump, I would wait anyway to see what everyone is coming out with. Some really good stuff is going to be out soon.

10. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

11. auero macrumors 65816

You need to decide if you want iOS or if you want Android. That's really the biggest obstacle.

12. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

To be honest, I really love iOS because of its simplicity and ease of use.
    I'm kind of leaning towards a S4 now, since I already can enjoy ios on my iPad

13. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've given up on iOS and switched to Android a few months ago, but being that September 10th is so close, I'd just wait. I'd still probably end up with the Android phone, but it's just a couple weeks.

Not to pick on you specifically, but I never understood this. I'd prefer to have the "S" variant of the phone simply because it DOES have upgraded internals. The iPhone 3Gs received updates for more than 2 years after the iPhone 3G stopped getting them. The 4s was a noticeable jump in performance over the 4. I'd expect Apple to do the same with the 5s. Yeah, externally they look the same, but the upgraded internals are worth it for me.

14. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Get the S4. You just said you need a phone now. That's all that matters. I doubt there'll be anything on Sept. 10 that you'll react to like: "OMG I really need to have this like now."

15. otismotive77 macrumors 6502

wait till the 10th, check out the reviews and comparisons and then go for the best. but if i was in your position i'd go for the GS4.:)

16. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

No need to wait till apple's event since we have more than enough leaks about iphone 5s. So you cant expect anything more than:

- Same screen size (which for me == get S4)
    - Same design
    - Same battery life
    - Same screen resolution
    - Same, Same, Same ... with just a spec bump and a useless finger print
    sensor

In other words if you dont like iphone 5, you wont like 5s either.

My opinion, just get the s4 and wait till apple releases a serious 5 inch phone next year or probably after 3 years.

17. auero macrumors 65816

Right, but think of the time you spend on your iPad vs mobile device. If you use your phone more than that's what is more important. Android can be simple too. Maybe not with touchwiz but if you're into flashing or getting a google edition s4 then you'll love it.

18. skratch77 macrumors 65816

Note 3 is going to get a 5.68 screen and is about to get announced so a bunch of gs4s will hit Craig's list.

19. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

I have an S4 and think it brilliant, but with such a short time, I would wait and see what Apple offers. :)

20. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Note 3 won't be 6 inches.

21. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

One of the many rumors but based on the front panel that just got leaked, it will have a 5.7-inch display.

22. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah which isn't that close to 6 inches.

My guess it will be lighter than the Note 2.

23. bearda macrumors 6502

What are you coming from? It's hard to recommend one or the other without knowing anything about how you use your phone. I'm sure the iPhone 5S will be a great device, and I know the Galaxy S4 is for me, but that doesn't mean a lot without knowing what your priorities are.

24. egoistaxx9 macrumors 6502

go for the Galaxy S4, it's great. it literally offers tonnes of features. on the other side, if you live fingerprints go for the 5S because that's all what it's offering. here's what to do, wait till the release of the 5S, then go for the GS4, the 5S might lower the GS4's price.

25. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

wait till they announce everything.

I am completely nutural. LOVE nexus androids and really liked my iphone5.

Have an S4 and... Will more then likely be keeping it. Nothing compares to the 5inch screen and battery.