Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pick one

• Galaxy S4

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • iPhone 5S

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
I just sold my Note 2 (great device!) cause I just wanted a new toy. I went with the S4 and its really nice. most likely I will get the Note 3 when it comes out but you really can't go wrong with the S4.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Wait 2 weeks. Note 3, iPhone 7th generation will be announced by than.

So u will have all the options laid out on table for u.

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
I bought my s4 a week ago but will be returning it. Love the phone but will wait to see what apple has up their sleeves and samsung.

hrrslmpk

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2013
At least wait for apple to reveal the 5S to see if it's to you're liking and if it's not you can always go and buy a S4 that same day :). And if I were you I wouldn't get an S4 anyways lol if I were gonna get an android phone id get either the HTC One or the LG G2. MHO

Last edited:

blitzer09x87

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
it's manly: iOS7 vs. (android 4.2.2 + touchwiz)
dont worry about the specs, both have great specs, choose between the OS.
if i was in your place i would go for the GS4

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
LG G2. Is the clear winner here.

after using my iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 all summer this is what I'll be doing as soon as it is released. I've enjoyed my iphones over the past 5 years but it's time to try something else, Apple is just slowing down right now. The G2 looks awesome and I'll still have my iPad mini to hold over that Apple void.

apb89

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
If you are going to go android, at least get an HTC One... the Galaxy S4 is not as good, imo.

I think you should give android a try and within the 2 weeks or a month or whatever you have it, you can always return it and go with an iPhone 5s.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
I moved to an S3 in September of last year after being disappointed by more of the "same, same, same", as someone put it, when the iPhone 5 was announced.

Something I was unaware of as a iOS user - Android is not Android. Android is simply a term for a collection of OSs that are based on the AOSP. HTC Sense, Samsung TouchWiz, etc.. They're more than UI changes - a lot more. My S3 is officially two Android versions behind the current released by Google. Of course, I've flashed a custom ROM - and even then, I'm still one behind.

Last edited:

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Something I was unaware of as a iOS user - Android is not Android. Android is simply a term for a collection of OSs that are based on the AOSP. HTC Sense, Samsung TouchWiz, etc.. They're more than UI changes - a lot more.

Agreed.

Android is the main OS. TouchWiz, Sense, Motoblur, etc. these are all major Android skins. In my opinion, HTC's Sense is by far the best; it has a clean and organized overall look. It uses less RAM and CPU than other skins particularly TouchWiz and is smooth and quick. TouchWiz provides more functionality but I find it to be too cluttered that I can't stand it. Aesthetically, HTC's Sense wins hands down.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Does anyone have the Htc One and can recommend?
I really hate the fact that it's 4MP but I know megapixels does not determine the quality, as there is optics, lenses and such. But really that low of megapixels? 4?

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
The HTC One has a very good quality camera even though it's only 4MP. It has optical image stabilization and the Ultrapixels of the camera lets in more light, which means it has low-light abilities. And, it's super fast!

To show you an example of how the camera performs, this shot was taken with an HTC One by @mrbootcrm from Android Central.

adeda8uq.jpg

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I have nothing against Android, but the Galaxy form factor is just too big IMO. That and the fact that since all my other devices are Apple, it wouldn't be easy to integrate it into my workflow. I have a buddy who's wife has one and she seems pleased with it. I can't see me buying another Android device anytime soon though...I also had a try of the little Nexus N7...not a bad device, but as I say...It couldn't be easily made to fit in with my other hardware.

Evnor

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2011
I have nothing against Android, but the Galaxy form factor is just too big IMO. That and the fact that since all my other devices are Apple, it wouldn't be easy to integrate it into my workflow. I have a buddy who's wife has one and she seems pleased with it. I can't see me buying another Android device anytime soon though...I also had a try of the little Nexus N7...not a bad device, but as I say...It couldn't be easily made to fit in with my other hardware.

I agree and have same kind of experience as well.

I have S4 now and really started to dislike the overall size of the phone. I have to admit that Apple was right about the "perfect" screen size.. It feels a bit clumsy to use S4 and TouchWiz is just ugly (Dialer and SMS apps especially). I believe that Samsung will change the look and feel of TouchWiz in next year to make it more like iOS7.
But many of my friends do love their Galaxies and are VERY happy with them so maybe you might want to give it a chance if you prefer bigger screen. I personally will buy 5S and keep S4 as my spare phone.

Fireblade

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Italy
I agree and have same kind of experience as well.

I have S4 now and really started to dislike the overall size of the phone. I have to admit that Apple was right about the "perfect" screen size..

Which one?
They told us 2 sizes to be perfect, and I am sure another one will follow.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Does anyone have the Htc One and can recommend?
I really hate the fact that it's 4MP but I know megapixels does not determine the quality, as there is optics, lenses and such. But really that low of megapixels? 4?

Just out of curiosity, did you make a decision? Interested to know what you chose/would choose :)

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
I'm just going to wait for the apple media event, if the 5S doesn't surprise me then I might get a GS4
Any have the moto x?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.