iPhone 5S user...I like the 5C, now that I felt it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IpadSC400, Apr 3, 2014.

1. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Yeah, there has been many debates and threads on this. Specially iPodJedi's thread. Thought I'd come back and tell you all what I thought about the 5C.

I wasn't really fond of the 5C when it came out...but I like it a lot more now that I see it.

I use the 5S as my daily iphone. I buy/fix/sell iPhones and I recently got a couple 5C's in. To tell you the truth, they feel awesome. Unlike the cheap 3GS type crap, the 5C is extremely smooth, and hard to scratch or break. Only downside is the white 5C, which shows any mark you make on it.

So, redemption, I admit, the 5C is pretty cool. I really like them in the color blue and green as well.

Please no debating or griping about the 5S vs 5C garbage. They're both iphones, just exterior differences....and slight features are different.

Yes, I like the 5S, I like the 5C. Self contridiction? I think not.

:cool:

2. Allanb1985 macrumors member

You have opened a can of worms on here with that statement! The tech geeks will have a field day!

3. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

I had the 5, 5s and now 5c... definitely prefer the 5c. Don't have to worry about scuffs/scratches (since I prefer to use my phones without a case) and is far more comfortable to hold in hand!

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have the iPhone 5. It's black. A color that neither the 5c or the 5s comes in - which is just one of the many reasons I didn't get either iPhone.

One of the people I work with has a 5c. I've held it various times while fixing or doing things for him. It's not metal. I don't care for that and I do not like how it feels. I will take the metal of my black iPhone 5 over any color plastic 5c any time.

Glad you like the 5c. It's a nice phone. Just not for me. Not my preference.

5. Idefix macrumors 6502

It's good that you like your work. Wouldn't it stink if you had to buy/sell/fix stuff that you hated?

But was it worth a forum post?

6. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I feel the exact same way. Though I think I can settle with the space grey iPhone 5S if I had to.

----------

Well who is to say what is and isnt "worth" a forum post :p We are here to share ideas, thoughts, and opinions. But I see your point, there may be an existing thread this would be better suited in

7. IpadSC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

The 5S does come in black, the 5C does not. I just purchased a black 5S to repair.

8. eyoungren, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No. The 5S comes in Space Gray (Grey). It's a dark gray (and not nearly as dark as the Slate gray on the back of my iPhone 5) but gray is not black.

You can argue that if you like, others have. They insist that gray is black and while gray is a SHADE of black, it is not 100% black which is what I am talking about.

And to be clear, I'm not referring to the front panels, I am referring to the top, bottom and sides. I exclude the back of the iPhone 5 for the same reason I gave you. While it's a deeper gray than the iPhone 5s the back of the iPhone 5 is not black either, except for the glass windows on the top and bottom.

9. cynics macrumors G3

I wish they made a black iPhone nowadays. Maybe the iPhone 6. Although I have no problems with space gray just would prefer black.

I think the 5C would have sold even better if it came in black however at the expense of the 5S. The color options are one of the reasons I'm still using a 4S, although thats at the bottom of my list.

10. IpadSC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Waste of time to argue that...Gray is gray, black is black. big whoop.

IMO I prefer calling it "black". General...ya know.

11. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I have the iPhone 5 really like the feel of the 5C as well. I put a charge on my old original iPhone today and LOVED how it felt in my hand.

12. eyoungren, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The only statement I can agree with you on in that post is that it is indeed a waste of time to argue the point.

Call it what you want, the irony here is that Apple itself is specific (not general) about it. You won't find a black iPhone 5s listed on any Apple run website or in any Apple store. You will find a Space Gray (Grey), Silver or Gold iPhone 5s.

Ultimately, though it doesn't matter what you or I refer to it as long as we like what we get. So, I suppose I should say then that for me the 5s is not black enough for my preference.

13. IpadSC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

I dont buy an iPhone because of the "color". Sorta like buying a car because of the tires. Though, I do prefer Blue or green in the iphone 5c, and gold on the 5S. Some people think Gold is "prepubescent", but I like it anyways.

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I guess that's where we are different. Color and appearance is one of the first things I look for in a phone. I check out the specs too, but unless they are really awful I usually go with what I like seeing. I'm usually stuck with the phone for at least two years and I don't sell my phones when I get new ones. So, for me it's important to get something I'm going to like staring at for however many hours a day.

We're all different. As long as you get what you like and you like what you get then it's all good.

15. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I love how the 5c felt in the hand, but I'm happier with the 5s. It feels nice with the candyshell and touch ID is worth every penny.

----------

You mean Space Gray, right?

16. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Depends on which country you're from. Since MR includes all countries I use both spellings, US English (Gray) and UK English (Grey). I've been hammered before for not using the right term, so I'm covering my bases. :)

17. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

No, no. The iPhone 5s is Space Gray, not Slate. I suspect you misread :p

18. sixrom macrumors 6502a

Although I bought a 5S, several people at work bought the 5C which I find very nice. It's most certainly more comfortable and far more durable in it's finish. I've read all the reasons that Apple is unhappy with it's sales, but I disagree that it's not a good phone. Nor do I think it's overpriced. It's Apple, we pay for the logo on all their products, it's no big deal.

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You are correct sir, I did misread. Thank you for the clarification. I went back and fixed it in my original post!

Appreciate you pointing that out! :)

20. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

:)

21. CEmajr macrumors 601

The 5C is the inferior device. Nothing wrong with liking inferior. That's just what it is.

22. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Wouldn't your analogy be accurate if instead you stated:
    "I don't buy an iPhone because of the "color". Sorta like buying a car because of the color."

Shallow of me, to be sure, but like my vehicle, I did purchase my iPhone in the desired color of my choosing.

23. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

If the 5s came in the 5c shell i would be happy.

24. IpadSC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

There are always slight alterations you can make on one's statement. :cool:
    Then the 5S wouldn't be the 5S, it'd be the 5C S. That would be ......akward

25. mr.bsmith macrumors newbie

As someone who has had a Blue 5C since October last year until 4 days ago. The 5C was a great device. But I must say the 5S fells more of a premium product. The design, the look, the finish.

My biggest gripe with the 5C is the lack of case selection.