Votes: 43 24.9%
  • Gold

Votes: 42 24.3%

• Total voters

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
What color are you getting? Was set to get space gray since the leaks of the silver one looked to have jarring white bands on the back, but now the real product appears to have gray bands on the silver phone, so they aren't so garish. All my iPhones have been white, so was looking for an easy choice on the space gray (not a huge fan of space gray) for a change, but silver is back on the table again. No interest in gold.

Haven't been able to find good real life photos of the backs to compare the silver/space gray backs, so haven't decided which color to get yet.

What color are you getting and why?

oldwren

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
I personally think Silver looks the best this time around. The Space Gray casing seems to show past the bezels, making it look fat or something to me. I also feel like the bands on the silver one look less ugly. I also have thought since the 5s that the silver Touch ID ring looks sharper than the rather obscured Space Gray one.

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
Space grey. I alternate every generation. Started with a black 4, then a white 5, time for space grey. I may go for the solid black silicon Apple case or check out a Spigen.

compg318

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2008
Was debating between space gray and silver, and I think I finally settled on silver. Had black on my 5, and have space gray on my 5S and I sort of miss the white front I had on my 4S. The touch ID definitely looks sharper on the silver (and gold).

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
iPhone 6/6+ Color Choice?

I had a gold 5s but I'm torn between space gray and silver for the 6 Plus. I'm leaning towards silver because it holds up against wear and tear better.

Spoolx

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2014
I always went with silver before but man that gold iPhone 6 is gorgeous.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Last year I was happy with how the gold looked. This year I think it's the worst of the bunch due to the lines being white against the gold. They are fairly color coded on the others.

I am still torn though. Not sure whether I will go silver (again, because they didn't have the gold I wanted) or black this time.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
going space grey this time from gold
Do you regret your gold choice before? Does the gold look the same as on these new 6's? I don't know if its just me never had gold but it seems a little glossier on the new iPhone.

----------

Last year I was happy with how the gold looked. This year I think it's the worst of the bunch due to the lines being white against the gold. They are fairly color coded on the others.

I am still torn though. Not sure whether I will go silver (again, because they didn't have the gold I wanted) or black this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNeEsTeKvw

The lines don't look bad to they're white but so is the frame, this vid actually has me leaning toward the gold the things a beauty IMO

I never owned the gold 5s but have seen them in person. Is it just me or does the gold look to be not as orange/dull as before? It's probably just the design but as I was saying it seems like it kind of meshes better.

Last edited:

StuddedLeather

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Brooklyn, NYC
Gold is my first preference. Then if not Silver.

But I'm preordering so most likely Gold again. The Gold one still looks elite to me especially after seeing that Verge video earlier.

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
I currently have Gold iPhone 5s and I love it.

But amongst the 6 and 6 plus, I like the Space Gray more.

However I need to see both in person to decide which I will finally end up with :D

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
I currently have Gold iPhone 5s and I love it.

But amongst the 6 and 6 plus, I like the Space Gray more.

However I need to see both in person to decide which I will finally end up with :D

dafit

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2014
Germany
Hard question. I usually prefer the white/silver ones but this time space gray looks better to me. At least when comparing the press pictures and first review videos...

I guess this is what you call first world problem :D

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Do you regret your gold choice before? Does the gold look the same as on these new 6's? I don't know if its just me never had gold but it seems a little glossier on the new iPhone.

----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNeEsTeKvw

The lines don't look bad to they're white but so is the frame, this vid actually has me leaning toward the gold the things a beauty IMO

I never owned the gold 5s but have seen them in person. Is it just me or does the gold look to be not as orange/dull as before? It's probably just the design but as I was saying it seems like it kind of meshes better.
My gold 5s is flawless but I just don't like the white face / gold and browns is my favorite colors but the white face doesn't work for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.