Iphone 6 black screen and not responding to iTunes after screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jrench_36, May 17, 2016.

1. Jrench_36 macrumors newbie

So, I messed up. I have replaced about 15 iPhone screens before and have never had any problems. This time i forgot to disconnect the battery.... i think i made a $600 mistake. The phone will not turn on with the old screen or the new screen and when i plug it in to iTunes it is not recognized. Furthermore, its not being recognized by my computer either. I tried to do a hard reset... no luck. I disconnected the battery and held down the power button for 20 seconds bc someone told me to.. no luck. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Put the old screen back on and take it in to an Apple store? I dont know if this suggestion will work but maybe its worth a try?

3. Jrench_36 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah.. I've been thinking about doing that. I just have a bad feeling that they are going to tell me that its going to cost an absurd amount of money to replace.

4. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Well, you are probably correct but it will be less than $600. Small win? Sorry for the tough luck.

5. lordofthereef, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

My bet is that a cable was either torn or is not seated properly. Nothing about what you're saying should cause a permanent brick.

Do you have another battery you could swap in? Could be a battery issue too.

6. Jrench_36 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've checked all the cables multiple times with no sight of damage. However, cables are cheap so i could just order new ones. No battery on hand, but would it be worth it to order one just to check?

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

To be clear, in referring to the cables internally. Those that connect the screen to the rest of the hardware.

That's just what it sounds like to me. I haven't worked too extensively in iPhones but I have done other products like gaming consoles and handhelds. 9.5 times out of 10 if its not working right when I put it back to get her it's either something I damaged (usually a cable) or something I forgot to plug in.