iPhone 6 design could be it's downfall.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wilky76, Aug 20, 2014.

1. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

Having looked at countless leaks ect, it's pretty much assured the iPhone 6 is going to have bands and a protruding camera lens.

Now since the iPhone 4 the design has always been one of it's strong points and the 5S is to most considered the best looking iPhone, if not one of the best looking smartphone to date.

Now with the iPhone 6 it seems design has taken a back seat somewhat, with it's antenna bands and protruding camera and will be considered ugly to most, more so those fashion folks that consider the iPhone as some sort of style statement rather than a smartphone.

To some people the look of the phone is actually more important than the specs, and if the iPhone 6 does end up looking like a large ugly beast, then sales once the diehards ect has got theirs could potentially start to slump, opting rather for the cheaper smaller & better looking 5S if Apple decide to keep the 5S as is.

So what do you think?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think it will sell like hotcakes and set records by outselling all previous versions of the iPhone

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I think the notion of iOS on a 4.7" phone is going to trump the aesthetics. Though if the battery life is not much improved, it is very likely that it will fall short of its potential, but it definitely wont have any problems selling.

4. kerrikins macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure threads like this have been posted about every single iteration of the iPhone since the first gen.

5. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I agree, it looks like ******. Though the dark gray/slate looking one looks nice, but who knows if that color will be available.

Hopefully Apple has their leather cases for the 6 to cover up that back.

6. Jack snakeskin macrumors member

People will have to compromise with the idea that iPhone 6 is spec upgrade but design downgrade

7. cynics macrumors G4

Crappy leaked photos is all we have so far. Let's wait until we have good pictures of the actual phone released.

8. 1981d macrumors regular

Ick, are they trying to copy samsung on design just like the copied android on iOS 7?:confused:

9. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

10. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

I think it looks beautiful. The antenna bands nicely resemble the look of the iPhone 5 and 5s which we all know and liked. However also not too much - perfect design choice. Funny how people don't recognize and can't appreciate this.

Edit: To the post above mine, that's not how the iPhone 6 will look like. Take a look at this video of the golden rear shell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn35DkJdSdY

11. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

If it looks like the leaks, awesome. I think no matter what it looks like it will out sell all other iPhones. Be very surprised if it did not.

12. zipa macrumors 65816

And what exactly would make that video any more credible than the ones posted above yours?

13. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Because these pics are only renders. Also no leak showed cutouts on the back for glass plates. The linked video shows a real iPhone 6 rear shell and if you don't believe me, in about 3 weeks you will ;)

14. jlake02, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014

jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

The protruding camera and the ugly lines don't bother me NEARLY as much as the alleged ~1800mAh battery. I'm sick and tired of Apple going thinner and ignoring its horrific battery life on the iPhone line.

"Oh but the software and the A8, blah blah blah." Enough excuses. Real world experiences of a large number of iPhone users prove the battery doesn't cut it for 2014. ~1800mAh is a slap in the face.

Edit: grammar

15. zipa macrumors 65816

My money is on that video showing a Goophone 6 shell.

16. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I think this is same old same old. You sound like all the boring neigh-sayers from the past 4-5 years.

People poopoo'd the seams/gaps in the steel band on the 4 when it was leaked before release.

People poo'd the odd rear glass panels of the 5 from it's leaks.

The number of people out there who seem to think they are all high and mighty, and better than Apple's design engineers... is hilarious. Non stop entertainment.

I guess what I'm saying is, keep it up :)

17. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I don't think its going to matter one bit, and they will sell more iPhone 6's than any other iPhone ever.

Don't fall for the countless people criticizing the phone on this forum, they will be the first ones in line and up at 3am ordering the phone... They will make countless threads about how ugly the phone is and how Apple has lost it blah blah blah.... Then they will be one of the first posts in the "I just ordered my iPhone 6" Thread. Happens every year

18. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

About 90% of people put a case on right away so why worry what the back looks like?

19. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

How much you got?

20. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

The leaks look pretty good to me.

I actually prefer the 5c, though... green or blue... so I just wish they'd update the internals of that.

21. wilky76 thread starter macrumors regular

wilky76

I'm not on about me I'm gonna get one at some point and it be stuck in a case, so the sticky out camera and antenna bands will not be a problem.

It's people in general, some folks will look at the iPhone 6 and say "nah it ugly I'm not getting it" and go for something from the Android market instead.

22. zipa macrumors 65816

Nothing. Like I said, it's all in the hands of my bookie now...

:cool:

23. cbobb123 macrumors member

It looks like ****, but it will still sell millions.

24. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

First of all lets wait until we see the actual phone, not leaks.
    In my opinion the iPhone 4/4S design is the best so far. I like the iPhone 5/5S design but the glass on back and stainless steel were amazing. Even to this day.

25. cynics macrumors G4

I like these. Isn't jaw dropping but what actually would be?